We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there multi-park passes?

Detroit
Level Contributor
606 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are there multi-park passes?

I'll be in Portland for about 3 days and am planning to hit most of the parks in the city. Are there any multi-park passes we can get and are they worth it?

We'll also spend a few days along the coast and plan to hit some of the state parks there. I have the same question about state multi-park passes that can hopefully make things cheaper.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

I'm a little confused by the question... you must mean 'gardens', because parks are generally free in the city. If you mean gardens (Lan Su Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden, Rhododendron Garden or similar that charge admissions) I don't know of any discount passes, though I've seen some 2-for-1 coupons in booklets like 'Portland Perks'. If I'm off-base, help us with which parks you're looking at that have fees...

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

It's $30 for the annual state park pass or you can get a 5-day pass for just the coast for $10. State Park passes won't work at national parks or forest service areas. Day use fees are usually $5 but there are pass options for those as well. I'm not sure which parks you are referring to in Portland but most muni parks are free.

More info on the State of Oregon website: www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/dayuse_permit.shtml

My frustration as a year-round resident is that I have to purchase two annual passes for the same coverage area - National Forest passes and Sno Park permits. (Sno Parks typically exist within the National Forest boundaries.) Ooops, sorry 'bout the rant. ;-)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,811 posts
1,099 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

Most of the day-use parks along the coast are free. However, for those that charge, the "Oregon Coast Passport" is a good deal. It's $10 for five days, includes 17 parks and pays for itself with two fee parks.

For locations it includes, click here:

…usda.gov/detail/…

You can't buy it just anywhere, though, only at the major parks and certain other locations. Here is where you can buy it:

oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/recreational_pass.shtml

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

The Oregon Coast Passport is by far the best deal for out of state vistors because it includes all State AND Federal (USFS-BLM) recreation fee areas along the coast (only).

Edited: 3:14 pm, August 20, 2012
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

travelportland.com/deals/more-savings-1/port…

Check this website for deals in the city. Also, if you haven't booked a hotel yet, check out the website's hotel packages, since they include discounts or passes to the local attractions. Outside the city, the above recommendations apply.

6. Re: Are there multi-park passes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 22, 2013