We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Stay

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Extended Stay

My husband and I will be visiting the 1st week of April and we would like to stay at a place where we can cook our own meals (suite). Anyone have experience in this area? We are trying to save money and we'd like to stay as close to downtown as possible.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended Stay

Hi:

I know of two Residence Inn hotels near downtown. I don't believe many, if any, of the big downtown hotels have kitchens. Anyone else, know?

One RI is in an area called River Place, which is on the south end of downtown. Though it's a bit removed from the restaurants & shopping (i.e. not within walking distance) the Portland Streetcar stops in front of the hotel and is a free ride to downtown and much of the Pearl District, where dining/shops abound. That end of the city has a new Safeway at SW Jefferson & 10th, which is also right on the Streetcar line.

The other RI is near Lloyd Center mall on the eastside of the River. It's a 5 minute drive to downtown or a 10 minute walk to the MAX station, where you can catch a free ride into the city center. Besides the adjacent mall, there are two 10-screen movie theaters, a Safeway (about 5 blocks away) and a Fred Meyer (about 12 blocks) and quite a few shops and restaurants (some fast food, but also many local eateries) along nearby NE Broadway & Weidler Streets.

Enjoy your visit! Let us know if you need ideas for things to do, places to go, etc.

Brian

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended Stay

Mark Spencer Hotel - 11th Ave. Downtown

Extended Stay America - One in Vancouver, one in Gresham, one in Beaverton - might be more, not sure.

RiverPlace hotel - Riverplace

Homewood Suites - Vancouver, Beaverton

Residence Inn - As stated above

Embassy Suites - Tigard

Oakwood at Lovejoy Fountain (Essex House) on SW 3rd - Downtown

Inn at Northrup Station - Northwest / Nob Hill area

Staybridge Suites - PDX Airport and Vancouver

Park Lane Suites - King Hill area of Downtown

Towne Place Suites - Hillsboro

That's all I know of...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended Stay

J&S, Do you know how many places on your list include a kitchen? Unless all Jenwen is looking for is a microwave, it's kind of hard to cook a meal without one.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended Stay

All include a full kitchen (not all rooms have kitchens, but each hotel does have some rooms with kitchens.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended Stay

I asked because I've stayed at Embassy Suites and didn't have a kitchen in the room. It's odd that they don't mention rooms with kitchens on the website.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extended Stay

I'd like to post a couple of websites that mention a "fully equipped kitchen", but I know they'll be deleted immediately, so I just dug this up...

From a Citysearch review:

...The kitchen in the room was wonderful, especially when you have a child, having a refegeriator is extremely helpful.

We used to have out-of-town employees stay there, and they mentioned having a kitchen. I should point out that this list is places that claim they have a kitchen - I haven't actually stayed at these places. Check with the hotel before booking - but it's somewhere to start.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extended Stay

OK - I'll risk it - Google for "Embassy Suites Kitchen Portland" and one site that mentions it is at the top. They could be lying, don't know. Since you've stayed there, your personal experience is probably a lot more solid information, unless they have different kinds of suites.

It's so far away from Downtown, I'm sure this portion of the discussion isn't going to be relevant to Jen's reservation anyway.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Extended Stay

The Residence Inn Riverplace negotiates. Call direct and ask for reservation manager.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,827 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Extended Stay

Since this is about being as close to downtown Portland as possible, I hope the OP knows that the airport and Tigard and some of the other places are OUT of town.

Poor jenwen, this will confuse her completely !

Perhaps it would help more to not list every hotel there is in Oregon with a kitchen lol :O)

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
677 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Extended Stay

OK - Sorry, Jen, if there was any confusion - all the hotels I listed are in the metro area.

If they say "downtown" then they're downtown - if they don't say downtown then they're between 10-15 minutes drive out of downtown.

Here's a map to show you where the different areas are:

bizave.com/portland/…Portland-Map.gif

To give you an idea of scale, Vancouver and Tigard are about 10-15 minutes drive from downtown (without traffic).