We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amtrak station

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
saskatoon
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
amtrak station

it would be appreciated if someone could please tel me

how far is it from amtrak station to centre of downtown portland

is there bus service from amtrak station to downtown , what bus number would i take and how much is the cost

thank you

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amtrak station

No need bothering with a bus, take MAX (light rail). From Union Station, the nearest stop is just a block south on NW 5th @ NW Glisan (headed toward City Center/PSU). You can catch either the Green or Yellow line as either will take you into downtown. Best of all, cost is FREE (you'll be inside what is called the 'Free Rail Zone'). Check out http://trimet.org/max/index.htm if you have any other questions...

Brian

Edited: 7:36 pm, June 01, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amtrak station

It's less than a mile from Union Station to Pioneer Court Square, which is dubbed Portland's "living room". If you'd rather not walk it, there's a MAX stop (light-rail) at 5th & Glisan, about 4 short blocks from the station. And I'm pretty sure that's within "Fareless Square", so it shouldn't cost a penny.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: amtrak station

Sorry for the echo, Brian.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: amtrak station

thank you very much for your help

5. Re: amtrak station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, November 29, 2010