We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Portland

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,165 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween in Portland

We are curious about the celebrating of Halloween , here in Portland.

Of course, most of you know what it is like in NYC and then when we lived in Fl, there was nothing. People decorated their houses some but there were hardly any trick or treaters and thankfully, no Mischief night.

So we are wondering if the city will be quiet and peaceful or does it get crazy? fun? spooky? :)

We are planning to go to Piazza Italia for dinner, do we want to drive or take public transport..with the goblins and ghosts~

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,237 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Portland

I can't really help you Scarlett. With kids, we stay here in the suburbs. I was just reading a new magazine earlier this week, and it had an article on Halloween stuff in the city. The magazine is brand new, and is called PDX Magazine, so do the search for the website. Their entire magazine is on the web, so you should be able to read the article. The magazine was mostly a monthly listing of everything going on...and very well organized. I have not seen the magazine in the newsstands yet, but it was at my spa, lol! Ok, so back to Halloween...I have no help except that article...but if you want to come trick or treating, your are welcome to join our neighborhood!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Portland

Not sure where you live, but if public transport is available I'd recommend it. Piazza Italia is a great place for dinner. If, after dinner, you want to see some great Portland musicians, cab over to the White Eagle and spend a little time with the Freak Mountain Ramblers. This is good, fun music in a very friendly environment. Cab back to hotel or your home.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,165 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Portland

I live in the Pearl.

Piazza Italia is not that far , we would usually walk, but we can take the streetcar or drive if it is rowdy out.

Thanks for the suggestions :)