We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

We are planning a trip to Portland in December, possibly Jan.

Can anyone recommend where would be a good place to stay if we decide to be there over Christmas? Also, where would be a good place to have a nice Christmas dinner?

Maine
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

Brian -- You forgot to tell SD how to get to the restrooms at El Grillo!!!! :)

SD -- as a fellow (although former) San Diegian and San Franciscan -- I have a taste for Mexican food. I was amazed at all the Mexican restaurants up here. San Francisco had about two compared to here, and one of them was Chevy's, the other El Torito.

There is so much really good Mexican Food up here, you'll think you're still in SD. :)

Warning -- due to the lack of in SF and abundance here -- I gained 5 pounds!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

You are too funny PT - You have to go thru some strip joint right? LOL! Anyway thanks for the great info Brian. I really can't wait to move up there now. I don't feel so nervous about the move this morning. I think with all the info I'm getting, I'm starting to feel more secure. Thank you all, Ok, I'm going to try and log off now, I have tons of things to do. BYe!

Maine
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

SD -- You HAVE REALLY BEEN PAYING ATTENTION !! LOL

Have a nice day -- we're having "Oregon Mist" at the moment. :)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

oh come on now, the food is the only reason I'd ever go to El Grillo...good catch PT. :)

BTW all, I just walked past an Oregonian vending machine and saw the headlines for the Final Edition are about the Powerball winning numbers sold in Oregon and the Ikea store coming to Portland...how's that for timing? Sorry, I didn't win the lottery...but if it was anyone of you, do you mind sharing????

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

Brian--Thanks for the heads up on the paper! I will make sure to read it tonight. Wierd timing though, lol!

Any news on the powerball winner? Wow, can you even imagine??? Just think of all the traveling you could do with that, lol!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,246 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Recommendations for a good place to stay over Christmas?

I just saw on the news that the Powerball winning ticket was bought in Jacksonville. I should call a friend of mine who is from there and see if it was her family, lol!

Also just saw the the news that Ikea is coming to near the Portland airport, but the opening date is not until Spring of 2007:( Oh well...the trip to Renton is les than 150 miles, lol!