We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

craftsman homes

california
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
craftsman homes

I have heard there are some beautiful old neighborhoods in Portland with craftsman architecture. We're in the process of renovating our home and I always like to drive through other areas to get ideas. Can anyone tell me the names of the neighborhoods and in which general area they are?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: craftsman homes

Try the Alameda neighborhood. NE Portland, drive up to NE 33rd and mosey down Alameda, Dunckley, and Hamblett to about 15th. Great craftsman styles. Another option is the Laurelhurst/Hawthorne area. SE Portland. Wide spread of homes from SE Burnside to SE Hawthorne. About 30th to 50th. Check it out!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: craftsman homes

Anyone remember the old TV game show, To Tell The Truth? I always liked Kitty Carlisle. Anyway, so that no one else wastes their time with this post, will the real ollibelle please stand (fess) up?

california
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: craftsman homes

You people have me stumped. My thread on oregon in November is a complete mystery to me. Mistletoe and the others, I guess thinks I'm Syrah, Stanley and Betsy and Jim? That can explain the almost rude replies I have received. I can assure you that I'm really Ollibelle and a very interested oregon traveler. I have read many threads throughout this sight and nowhere but Oregon related posts have I been so perplexed . I don't know how to play your game. I 'm just looking for some real answers. And, thank you to the "Oregon expert' who answered my last question. I will definitely check them out.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: craftsman homes

Well, at least you're being truthful about one thing; you HAVE read many threads throughout these forums. And isn't that contradictory to the statement two days ago when you wrote you don't have time to spend on the computer.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: craftsman homes

If you are visiting Portland, you should check out a store called Rejuvenation (1100 SE Grand) and/or look up their website. It's a store filled with lighting, hardware & furniture that is 'authentic' for many types of period homes. It's a fun place to browse and get ideas. I'll bet they can also direct you to specific areas where homes are, since there are many throughout the NE/SE neighborhoods across the river from downtown. I know of many craftsman houses in the Irvington neighborhood as well. Good luck with your search...

Brian