We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria to Lincoln City

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Astoria to Lincoln City

Howdy Y'all,

We are 17 days away from our trip to Oregon and I am still looking at different aspects of the trip as far as the coast day. The coast route I am now looking at is Astoria to Lincoln City.

What are the best sites to see between these 2 cities. I did a partial of this route back in 2000 and started at Tillamook and went down to Lincoln City but have never been up to Astoria. Last time we were in this neck of the woods we went the following places:

Tillamook Cheese Factory

Cannon Beach

Cape Mears lighthouse

Mo's at LC

Where would you suggest things that we should try to see if we do the Astoria to Lincoln City route?

Indiana
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Astoria to Lincoln City

>>I would direct you to the antique shops in Gearhart but sadly, they were destroyed by the storm last winter. There is a place I love there called A Great Shop, it is right across from Pop's Sweet Shop which is a cool, old-fashioned place to stop by for a Mocha and some fudge. :)<<

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting and good...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Astoria to Lincoln City

<<I would direct you to the antique shops in Gearhart but sadly, they were destroyed by the storm last winter. >>

First I have heard of this. The few shops in Gearhart lie close to 101.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Astoria to Lincoln City

Syrah, in light of the storm conversation...I don't think that you ever told any of us how your Seaside beach cottage and your Astoria home faired the storms.

Were they damaged? Is that the reason that you stay on hotels and simply tell us about your beach homes?

Not that I expect a response, but inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Astoria to Lincoln City

I wondered about all the vacation homes that are left empty during the winter in Seaside and Astoria myself.

I know in the Hamptons and in Montauk, most people have a caretaker or someone to check on them after a storm, but when the house is in another state.. it must be difficult to deal with.

This is why I thought just forgetting about living IN Portland and moving out to Manzanita was a brilliant idea...for a short time anyway lol.

25. Re: Astoria to Lincoln City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 28, 2009