We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
3 posts
Save Topic
Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Hey folks,

We are spending Christmas away from our family this year in Portland (we're British) and figured since it was just the two of us we would go out for lunch instead of faffing about in the kitchen.

Do any places stay open on Christmas Day? Can anyone recommend a good place for Christmas lunch?

TIA :)

Portland
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Hmmm- High Tea, I'm 28 not 82 ;) Just kidding, thanks a mil for your suggestions, I'll look into them all tomorrow - when I have some time to faff about online ;)

Jo

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Gee, I am not 82 either but when we were in London as well as in NYC...we and our friends enjoyed High Tea.

Oh well, enjoy faffing, hope you post back to tell us how it all went.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Trust me, you do not need to anywhere near 82 to enjoy tea. My teen DD thoroughly enjoyed tea at the Empress in Victoria. And quite a few of her friends have gone with their mothers to the Heathman tea.

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

If you're still reading, Jo, Willamette Week had a little guide to restaurants open on Christmas today. I can't seem to find it online, but if you can get your hands on a hard copy, it also seemed pretty enchanted with Malay Satay Hut in the Fubonn mall and Wong's King. They also liked the Heathman.

Portland
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Thanks cattrav, I'll try and get a copy tomorrow.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Yep, Portland City Grill...

great view....

food :-P Oh did I say that? ;-)

I would agree with others on hotels being the best bet for eateries open on Christmas day.

If you have a particular restaurant in mind, give them a call to see if they will be open.

Also, even with the suggestions that have been made, call ahead! Many may not have any openings.

USA
Level Contributor
717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

http://www.pdxfoodpress.com/?p=1472

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,842 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

Ahh the FoodDude..I used to like reading his articles then reading portlandfood.org and see who agreed or disagreed. Nuthin like a bunch of Portland foodies lol

19. Re: Christmas lunch/dinner in Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 15, 2009