We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weeknight happenings

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lbun
1 post
Save Topic
Weeknight happenings

I will be in Portland 12/9 - 12/14. I will be in training sessions for my job all day and was wondering what there is to do after 6:00pm on weeknights. I don't drink, so I'm not interested in the bar/club thing. I won't have a rental car so anything close to the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower would be great. As a second question, are the retail stores open in the evenings downtown or do they close early? Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weeknight happenings

<<I agree about Pioneer Square later at night..homeless kids in large groups ..>>

I just finished reading a book about the street families in the US. It takes place here in Portland and revolves around the girl who was killed on the east side of the Steele Bridge. "All God's Children". It is a startling look at the homeless downtown (many of them are from good homes and have no reason to be homeless.)

Oh yes, I had forgotten about the theatres downtown...not only movies but there could be something goinng on at the Keller Auditorium (although that could get spendy).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weeknight happenings

Another movie theater option, and much sadly overlooked even by downtown dwellers is the Northwest Film Center. Located at the Portland Fine Arts Museum. They show wonderful films and retrospectives that normally can't be seen anywhere else and also are not available on DVD.

See this web site for sch. http://www.nwfilm.org/nowshowing/

13. Re: Weeknight happenings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 27, 2009