We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding where to stay near or in NW Portland. I am planning a girls weekend in October with my 2 friends. I used to go to school near NW 23rd, and just love that area, and would like to be close to that. I'm not sure weather to do a vacation rental, hotel, or B&B, although I would like to keep the cost below $180 or so a night for all 3 of us. Any suggestions?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,732 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

Not in the NW part of town, but in downtown is the Hotel Monaco (formaerly the 5th Avenue Suites). I had some girlfriends come down from Seattle and we did a girls trip like you, and this was perfect for us. It is easy walking distance up to NW, but also a great location for in the heart of downtown. We had two suites, each with 2 beds as there were 4 of us, and our rooms had a connecting door which was great. The hotel has some good rates on selected dates. Go to their website and click on Hot Dates, Great Rates and see if any of those work for you. Otherwise call the hotel directly and see what they can do for you. The GM was fanastic with us. The hotel has a good restaurant/bar on site as well.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,827 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

I second Mtngrls recommendation of the Monaco. We have stayed there over a month in all, never had a complaint.

On NW 21st is the Inn at Northrup Station..you might like it..look at their website..great location!

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i892-Sleeping_i…

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

That sounds neat. Has anyone stayed at the Avalon? I had considered staying there on a girls night.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
358 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

Avalon is a nice hotel with a day spa but it's not right down town. It's on the Willamette and they do have a shuttle service that will take you downtown. I would also recommend the Embassy Suites downtown. The rooms are large with two queen beds and a separate living area with refrigerator, TV and coach that also folds out into another bed, great location right downtown!

5. Re: 3 girls to Portland for a girls weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 10, 2009