We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique shopping in Portland

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boutique shopping in Portland

Hey guys I need your help again! My daughter and bf are here visiting and want to do some boutique shopping in Portland, mainly men's shoes and just fun clothing and accent stores.

NW best? The Pearl seems like more home interior oriented, but I actually have not shopped NW much.

HELP!

Mtngrl, Scarlett, someone!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

I'm here! LOL!

Yes, the NW area and the Pearl would be perfect. There are some great stores in the blocks around Nordstrom as well, but the more unique stores are up around NW 23rd and 21st. The website www.shopthepearl.com has a list of stores, so have them check it out and they can see if anything sounds good to them. The NW does have some stores like Pottery Barn, etc, but if you head toward Thurman vs Burnside, it is chuck full of the boutiques.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

Mtngrl thank you so much! You are amazing. We need to have lunch!

Level Contributor
34,497 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

We like the little boutiques in Nob Hill, there is a website, nobhillbiz.com with a list of shops and other info. I enjoyed shopping with my teenage daughter and son's girlfriend here a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time, hope you have fun! :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

Chicogirl--Great idea!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

Chicogirl, Anthropologie is on Couch and 11th in the Pearl and down on Glisan is a fantastic store .. shares stairs and doorway with the rug store on the corner of 11th..my mind is blank but I love everything in the shop.

babette is along the row of shops next to bluehour..I am wearing one of the sweaters I got there before we left, they are amazing, never wriknkle, wash and dry and wear..the fabrics and colors are so great.

All up and down the streets you can find interesting small boutiques..home interiors and antiques do pop up all over the place but there are some good clothing shops too.

Then there is NW23rd ... suits kids but with the exception of Elizabeth Street, a lot of the stuff is cheap and overpriced. Lucky Jeans is there as well as Gap, Levi and some chain stores that most people can visit at their local mall, if they have malls where they live lol.

Then there is the Sat Mkt .... some stalls sell stuff that the young'uns like, I picked up some nice long cotton batik scarves once..

( is the Sat Mkt still there or did they move yet?)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
27 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

Chicogirl,

The above mentioned posts are great suggestions. If your daughter and her friend are looking for something unique and a bit off the beaten path, check out www.portlandpicks.com. This is a great website that will help you be "in the know" when it comes to all things "girly".

Have fun!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

It was interesting to learn that all there is of interest to do in Portland is shop downtown. Mostly for used records. Hmmm. Columbia River Gorge? nah. Beach? nah. Washington park? nah.

Heck I wanted to go to the Gravenstein festival at Hood River and thought that would be a fun drive...but...nah.

Bottom line they had a great two days of shopping. Thanks for the advice.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

Glad they had fun:)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

I'm glad too, thanks for letting us know !

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boutique shopping in Portland

If you want funky, try heading across the river to the East Side.

Hawthorn Blvd between SE 28th and 50th has some great women/young adult clothing. Both new and retro. Also, E. Burnside (from the river upto 28th, including28th) has some great new shops

( Bus 20 for Burnside, Bus 14 for Hawthorn.)

Visitors seem to stick with the west side/downtown/NW, but NE/SE from the river upto 60th has a lot to offer, for less$$$