We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Topic
Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

According to The Oregonian, on April 15, the Food Network will honor Portland as the country's top food destination.

More Info:

http://tinyurl.com/22saoz

Mentioned in this post
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

If you hadn't provided the link, I'd have said you were two days late with this post, J&S. ;-) And even with the link, I'm still wondering.... Why was the "competition" Portland, Maine and Minneapolis, and not San Francisco or New York? I mean, we're good, but not THAT good.

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis
Minneapolis
Minnesota
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

I'd like to know that too, mistletoe - guess we'll all have to watch next Sunday and find out! :-)

Of course, after watching Rachel Ray feature some middle-rung establishments in Portland and Salem (Bush Garden, Morton's Bistro), I'm not sure Food Network has a lot of credibility as far as these things, but the publicity is nice.

Mentioned in this post
Salem
Salem
Oregon
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

Portland's reputation as one of the country's hottest food scenes will be sealed April 15

above is quote, "sealed" a bit much from Big O when competition is two other places. They did not mention Omaha

Then guess Big O could only post bad thingss about the city I live near

Level Contributor
37,801 posts
959 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

Thanks for the info, J&S! What a cool honor for Portland. We have really enjoyed our culinary excursion through the area, latest meals at Park Kitchen and Lovely Hula Hands have been awesome! :)

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,376 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

syrahgirl, you have been talking about Park Kitchen for years.

Will you be coming through Portland again this year? Maybe we can suggest somewhere new, have you been to Oba yet? or even the old favorites of Portlanders like Giorgios or Fratellis or the new Ten01?

You need to read my Eating out in Portland list and see all the new places people are eating now...have fun at the coast, it is going to be in the 70's here, hope the Coast has warmed up for you.

Ciao! Scarlett

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Portland is the Country's Top Food Destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 29, 2009