We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding dinner, any suggestions?

Seattle
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding dinner, any suggestions?

Hey there. I'm having a small wedding in July in Otter Rock. I'm looking for a place to have a nice intimate dinner (for approx 20 people) in Newport or the surrounding area. Does anyone have any suggestions? It doesn't have to be overly fancy, but something with character or unique or cozy would fit the bill. It would be nice if the restaurant would have a private room, but I suppose it isn't really necessary.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

Newport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding dinner, any suggestions?

Two places come to mind -- and they are across the street from each other! First, we hosted a very successful graduation party for 12 at April's at Nye Beach -- they didn't have a special room but we had one whole side of the restaurant to ourselves and it felt private enough -- the service was very attentive, the food and wine choices were wonderful. Then, across the street is Table of Contents in the Sylvia Beach Hotel. They have a fabulous view of the ocean and you might be able to get a private dining room for your size party. My daughter attended a private party there in April and the group spent the evening watching whales go by! My favorite, less funky but gorgeous setting and amazing food, is Saffron Salmon on the bayfront -- but I'm not sure you'd get the privacy you are looking for. The dining room is small but there is no option for a private area. However, you do have sea lions barking directly below you! Check it out -- you might be able to book it as a private party and get the whole darn restaurant!

midvalley OR
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding dinner, any suggestions?

The Flying Dutchman at Inn at Otter Crest has a fabulous ocean view dining room.

3. Re: Wedding dinner, any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 pm, September 03, 2009