We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

humidity levels??

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Topic
humidity levels??

We are here in Newport now. got in yesterday. I was quite surprised how warm it was. Our condo has no air cond. and it was quite warm. Not complaining tho. What has me baffled is the humidity levels. I figured being surrounded by water it would be much more humid.

I asked the lady at the front desk at our condo but she was clueless.

why is it that the tropics are so humid (needing NO lotions there) and here.... I don't feel any humidity?

The air feels heavier since we come from a much higher elevation but I sure don't feel any humidity.

Today we are going crabbing :)

SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: humidity levels??

Well, I wanted fog - we've got FOG!! Hubby went out on the bottom fishing boat this morning so I guess they went out in the fooog.... ohhh, ahhh. Scary.....

If I wasn't so scared of boats - that could be kind of eery and fun.

Humidity has got to be higher now because of the fog. Even tho it is cold?? Too cold to sit out on the balcony right now tho.

12. Re: humidity levels??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 18, 2009