We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whaler location wo car?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whaler location wo car?

Realize limits of no car so no advice in that regard needed. Wondering if a week at Whaler works in terms of walking to historic district, shops, restaurants etc. Sounds like beach easily accessible and it gets good reviews here as well as being affordable. I see town shuttle and can figure out public transit routes and schedules to see some of surrounding area.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Whaler location wo car?

I've booked studio through Inn at Nye Beach and was able to obtain AAA discount via phone. Likely still going shuttle route and renting a car for a couple of days to see longer stretch of coast via day trips. Thanks to all. I'll post a trip report late September.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,732 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Whaler location wo car?

I think you will be much happier having a car. There is so much to do/see that you need a car for, so it will be well worth it!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Whaler location wo car?

Glad you decided on a car at least for a couple of days, Avoca. Enjoy your time on our beautiful Oregon coast!

Did I suggest you try Nana's? It's an Irish pub within easy strolling distance and has great food. Very busy though! We always eat on the patio unless it's raining :-)

14. Re: Whaler location wo car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 01, 2014