We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Newport a scenic area?

Syracuse, Utah...
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Is Newport a scenic area?

We are planning to spend a few days in the Newport area. We want to be close to Newport (we plan on going to the aquarium, going on a whale tour, need activities suitable for young kids), but we also want to stay in a condo/beach house that really shows off the Oregon Coast. Is Newport the place for great scenery? I've seen pictures of the Yaqina Bay Lighthouse and that does look beautiful. Does that represent Newport pretty well? I have seen pictures of Cannon Beach and that looks really beautiful, does Newport compare to that? What about Depoe Bay or Yachats? Any input will help, THANKS!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,126 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

I agree (as I often do) with dengay and would drop a night in Seattle ... but it depends upon what you want your vacation to be? Do you prefer seeing city attractions or are you looking for more of a "rural-ish", less hectic time?

Seattle to Newport is about 6 hours going the most direct route, so you'll most likely want to stop at least one night on the northern coast. Have you looked at Astoria? No beach as it's on the river but the kids might enjoy the little trolley. Not sure of your price range but the Holiday Inn Express is very nice in a good location.

12. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, August 05, 2012
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,549 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

A first time poster on an old thread. Obnoxious, ill tempered and definitely off base. Certainly, not in line with TA guidelines and usual discourse.

Syracuse, Utah...
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

@ oregonpoppa- Totally agree with you!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

Sheez, I missed that post. guess that was good to miss

Edited: 12:45 am, August 06, 2012
16. Re: Is Newport a scenic area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 21, 2013