We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions / questions for early Dec

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions / questions for early Dec

I will be traveling to Newport in early December & staying at Schooner's Landing. From looking at Google maps, Schooner's Landing seems a little bit isolated & any restaurants would be driving distance only. Is this right? Any suggestions? My unit will have a kitchen, but I do plan to eat some meals out. Also, what is there to do at that time of year besides walking on the beach? Thanks!

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,594 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

Wow. Beautiful pictures, PK, you must be on the good side of photography, I am certainly not close to being that good with a camera.. I love all of your pictures and I can't pick a favorite.

You underline my supposition that a three hour drive can easily turn into 8 if you stop to enjoy the area you are passing through. Thank you for posting your reviews here of your experience.

MrsO

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

Thank you Mindy - have camera, will travel!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

After being back for a while, I keep dreaming of the hazelnut pancakes with marionberry compote at the Chalet! Marionberries! Love them!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

Lol :-)

genuineoregon.com/OREGON-MARIONBERRY-PRODUCT…

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

Thanks for the link Half-Brit!

26. Re: Suggestions / questions for early Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 am, June 22, 2013