We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yaquina Bay Hotel

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Yaquina Bay Hotel

Any of you awesome Newport experts out there know anything about the Yaquina Bay Hotel in Toledo? All of the online reviews I've read either give it one star or five stars (and some of the five star ratings seem a little suspicious).

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yaquina Bay Hotel

Ummm, it's old. Does that help, lol?

I do wonder why you are thinking of staying there? I know Toledo fairly well and would not think of it as a "destination" (sorry any Toledo-ites reading this, lol!).

Anyway, don't be fooled by the name, it's nowhere near Yaquina Bay. I'm trying to picture if you'd even have a distant view from the top floor . . . only maybe, over other buildings. It has been spruced up on the outside, but I've never been inside.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yaquina Bay Hotel

I kinda like Toledo for some reason. I have this old map that shows Toledo as a large town over 10,000 and Newport as nothing more than a train stop. Plus it's close to Siletz, which is another town that I inexplicably enjoy. I'm also trying to fill up a hole on baby's "slept here" map. I also really dig the old brickers and masonry buildings, which is something Newport lacks as far as I can tell. Finally, I love visiting the non-touristy towns because of the inevitable "Why are you visiting HERE?" that you always hear from the locals (I'm talking to you, Condon!). Oh, and it's cheap. That helps. Probably not going until September, but the planning is almost as fun as the being.

3. Re: Yaquina Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, October 02, 2009