We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants With Take-out

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
363 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants With Take-out

We will be in Newport for 1 night at the end of June. The only 2 times we have eaten dinner in Newport was at Shark's but we will have our dog (55 - 60 lbs) with us so we need a place with take-out.

We're interested in a place with good, fresh seafood. The only seafood we don't like are oysters.

So far, I know that Local Ocean Seafood and Panache do take-out. Does anyone have any opinion as to which would be a better choice? I've looked at the restaurant reviews and the menu/sample menu each restaurant has posted on their website.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,956 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

I haven't eaten at either one so I'm a lot of help, lol!

Local Ocean Seafoods is the one that many locals go to. I know they are constantly busy, and I know their fish is fresh.

We went by Panache this last Sat night after eating at Georgie's nearby. It was still early, about 6:30, but Panache had *no* customers at all. (Georgie's had about 12 tables full when we left.)

So ... there's a little bit of info to help you decide.

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
363 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

Thanks half-Brit. I'll note that info in my "Newport file".

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

What about Lighthouse Deli and Fish Market-just South of the Bridge in South Beach. It is my favorite Fish and Chips place onthe coast. Kind of a hole in the wall, but they serve stuff fast and can make it to go. They have halibut, salmon and Tuna fish and chips-the tuna is so good-you wouldn't think it but wow its good. The owners used to be fisherfamily but opened a store and they get all there stuff fresh from their buddies...

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

hmmm -just went to their website and now they are called 'south beach fish market'-maybe lighthouse deli too generic

http://www.southbeachfishmarket.com/

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,956 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

That's a thought, too. As you can see from the website pic, it's just a scrubby little place right on the highway, about as far from fancy as you can get. I will say that we have felt they are not quite as good as they used to be, possibly because they are so very busy anymore, particularly in the summer. But - that said - we haven't been there for about three years or so.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

I have to agree with Lighthouse Deli. Best fish and chips in my opinion. In the summer, it is better to get take out there anyway because they are so crowded, but definitely worth the wait.

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
363 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

South Beach Fish Market's menu looks very good! Thanks for the website.

Kennewick, WA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

I recommend for good quick take out the Chowder Bowl @ Nye Beach. My girlfriend and our 2 year old son were waiting in line @ Mo's on the Bayfront when someone walking by said " Wow don't know what the waits for The Chowder Bowl is way better anyway " So we left and went to the chowder bowl for a sit down. The reason I reccomend for take out is that in the hour we were there I must have seen 10 orders sent out. Good Luck =)

9. Re: Restaurants With Take-out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 19, 2009