We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5j's Beach House Review

Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
5j's Beach House Review

We stayed at the 5j's Beach home in Newport. Great views and one of the only vacation homes that I would go back to. The owners have put so much style into this home it was great even though it rained 2 of the 6 days we were there.

We absolutely loved it. It is a small house, not recommended for a large crowd, but it's right near the beach and we discovered another beach past one house.

We loved the whole house. It says BEACH and SHIPS everywhere.

Nestled away from the bustle of the city and noise, but close to town. Recommend a grocery stop at the local Safeway in Newport. Once we got there, we got pretty lazy about going anywhere.

Also, there is an outlet mall for those shoppers out there in Lincoln City.

Recommend going to Mo's and getting a bowl of clam chowder. Also, we spotted whales everyday and there were sea lions up on the beach. Lots of surfers one day, only a couple the others.

We hated leaving and just an FYI, we were able to talk down the price a few dollars because we stayed a full week. It was no problem to negotiate a $20.00 discount, and we checked a TON of other places (to both of our exasperation) that were bare bones and alot higher. Much better than a hotel room, and tons of stuff to do!

Level Contributor
36,173 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Nice review! Staying in a cottage/house is very nice. I know a lot of people that travel that enjoy house swapping. It's a great way to go! :)

Level Contributor
36,173 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Nice review! Staying in a cottage/house is very nice. I know a lot of people that travel that enjoy house swapping. It's a great way to go! :)

Portland Or
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

WE enjoyed the 5j's Beach house too. We felt that the location of the 5js beach house was great and we were closer to the beach in Newport OR., than another place we checked out. Great house, we did a little whale watching while we were there, too. At the beach house they have a little brochure on the mantle about whale watching. We followed it exactly and struck paydirt! Very cool.

Salem, Or
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Just spent 4 days at the beach house and I must say it was the most enjoyable time! The house is beautiful and fully equiped. I would reccomend only an awning and patio table for outside dining.

So much to do and not near enough time, we were so tired every night and it was so nice to sleep in a home environment rather than a stale hotel.

I will deffinatly be back

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Hmmm, I'm thinkin' sumpum's not quaht raht here . . .

three first time posters all at once.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

half-brit--There is a lot that isn't quite right around here lately;) Look for a pm.

Hillsboro
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

We stayed there for Memorial Day weekend with our kids and had an amazing time. You can see the sea from the back porch. There's a Mo's and a little ice cream/espresso stand half a block away. When you go to the look-out area, take peanuts!! There are big fat squirrels that jump out of the bushes and sniff around you to see if you have nuts for them. It was absolutely adorable! We only saw one sea lion basking on the rocks, but it was rather overcast when we went.

The lofts are really cool, there are two and they overlook the dining room and kitchen. I have 4 boys so their favorite part was the big captains wheel. We took a million pics of them posing around it and on the ladder. It has a private bedroom for the adults to sleep and then the kids slept in the lofts and on the couches.

The walk to the beaches is really short. One beach has a steep trail going down to it and a little waterfall when you get to the bottom, it was pretty nice.

The other beach though, was our favorite! It had a long stairway leading down. Me and my oldest raced up and down it a few times and I was totally sore the next day, lol!

We live in Portland and have a really hectic life, we thought we'd try this cabin as we've never done one before. Honestly, it was the most I have relaxed in probably years. I felt really safe with the kids out in the yard or playing the board games. I just rested. Everything was provided, dishes, laundry soap, towels, cleaning supplies. We tidied up and got our full deposit back which was really nice.

The customer service was awesome, we will absolutely be return customers to this place!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Interesting that if you go to their website, it says "Click here to read reviews." Guess what, when you click the link, it brings you straight to this thread.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,068 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

Hmmmm . . . ;-)

Of course, this original post was from over FOUR years ago!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5j's Beach House Review

I hadn't noticed the dates. There I go, paying attention again.

Looks like they come back every so often to freshen it up though, LOL!