We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Newport?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Newport?

Our Trendwest condo at Schooners Landing in Newport finally cleared for the end of April - so we are now looking for a good breakfast spot in Newport. I like the menu at Georgie's Beachside Grill at the Hallmark - is the food ok? Also see that The Coffee House on the bay is listed as a good spot - but see no menu or details on the food.

any suggetions?

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

Bump

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

I have only had dinner at Georgie's, and it was very good! Service was friendly and food quality was good.

Not really a breakfast person, but for coffee shops try "Green Gables" or "Panini Bakery". Both are in the Nye Beach area, a brisk walk from the Shilo where we usually stay. (I am not sure where Schooner's Landing is located.)

midvalley OR
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

Georgie's Beachside has the best oatmeal I've ever had in a restaurant. Nice view, always friendly service. I've had take out lunch and it was quite good.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

Within walking distance of Schooner Landing is a restaurant called Szabo's (sp). It is a restaurant/bar, but ok for kids. They have special almost every night, but my favorite being is the all-you-can-eat-pan fried oysters on Wednesday night. Their breakfast is very adequate with a good selection. It is somewhat of a sports bar and we usually enjoy Super Bowl Sunday there.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
166 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

If you're there on a Sunday morning, the Embarcadero Resort (which I think is near Schooners Landing) has a good Sunday brunch.

And I think the best breakfast in Newport is at Cafe Stephanie, which is in the Nye Beach historic area. We go there for breakfast every time we're in Newport.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
129 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

We stay at the Hallmark quite often and always eat breakfast at Georgie's. Ditto the comment regarding the oatmeal. It is quite tasty. Everything we have eaten there has been great. The only questionable item is their Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs. It's so large that the Chicken Fried Steak comes on one plate, while the hasbrowns, eggs and toast come on another. My husband orders it every time we are there because it sounds good to him, but he always comes away with a big stomach ache.

7. Re: Breakfast in Newport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 05, 2009