We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midnight flight into Medford...

Which Medford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Midnight flight into Medford...

So I am trying to book a flight from Maui to Medford. The most affordable options have us flying into Medford at 11:45 PM.

Are there any car rentals open at that hour? How about motels? Or taxi?

If not is the Medford Airport the kind of place you could sleep in until the car rental places open in the morning?

We also have the choice to layover in Seattle overnight and fly into Medford at 6pm the next day. But then we would have to pick up our checked bags and recheck them the next day. But we do have family we could stay with in Shoreline overnight.

I guess I am trying to determine which would be less hassle. Long layover in Seattle or late night flight to Medford. We are traveling with 6 kids if thatmakes any difference.

Mahalo

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,945 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

I would just head straight to Medford and get a taxi (or possibly hotel shuttle) if the car rental places are not open.

Shoreline is a ways from Seatac, so not really convenient and depending on flights, rush hour traffic between Shoreline and Seatac can be brutal. Plus, I hate layovers, especially long layovers. I just want to get to my destination, lol!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

There are many hotels by the airport in Medford and should be a fairly inexpensive taxi ride. I know the Courtyard by Marriott has a complimentary shuttle that runs until 2am, I'm sure many others do also. With 6 kids and luggage to worry about I would fly in late night to Medford, get a room and figure out the rental car in the morning. Have a great trip -DM

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

Wow, Medford and taxis???? Shuttles??? Are we really talking about Medford, Oregon? Wow, I had no clue they had grown so much.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

Yes, we have grown a bit down here and we do have taxis and airport shuttles (and a new airport opening after the first of the year). I am pretty sure some of the rental car places are open until the last flight arrives because I have arrived really late and seen them open. That being said, the new Courtyard by Marriott is so close to the airport you could really walk there if you had to.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

Mahalo everyone!

6. Re: Midnight flight into Medford...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, October 09, 2009