We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay House Restaurant

Las Vegas...
Level Contributor
665 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bay House Restaurant

I've always promoted the Bay House Restaurant as one of our favorite upscale restaurants in Lincoln City. No more.

For years the Bay House has been owned by a neighbor of ours on the coast. When she owned it, the food and service was always top notch. Well, she recently sold it and I'm not impressed with the new owners.

The service was very, very slow. I know The Bay House isn't a fast or even moderately quick restaurant. You go there for the atmosphere, that amazing view and a relaxed/slower paced level of dining. However, there is such a thing as too slow. We actually had to ask for menus after we'd been seated for about 15 minutes. It took forever for our food to arrive and although it was good, it certainly wasn't worth the new higher prices. We ordered a bottle of wine with our dinner, the first two bottles we asked for were out of stock, and so was the third. Seeing our frustration, the waiter brought us a more expensive bottle, but only charged us for the price of the first bottle we had orderd. I thought that was a nice jesture.

I was also somewhat disappointed with menu. My favorite creamy onion soup is no longered offered. I don't know, maybe it was Leslie's recipe and when she sold the restaurant, it went with her.

All in all I doubt if we will return and I won't be suggesting The Bay House to friends and family. It's a shame because there are so few "nice" places along in the Lincoln City area.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,685 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bay House Restaurant

TahitiGirl,

If you try the Bay House next week, please report on it. We are considering it for one of our meals in Lincoln City, in Oct., and the web site looks good re: their menu and wine list. Not all glowing remarks in the TA reviews, but the Manager seems to want to make things right.

22. Re: Bay House Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City