We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Surftides going down hill...again

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Surftides going down hill...again

Is it just me, or is Surftides going down hill yet again for the umpteenth time in the last 10 years? I used to go there with my parents and want to take my kids there but it is so inconsistent and they reall don't seem to care. Any thoughts? Please tell me I'm wrong and my experience is not ordinary!

Lincoln City, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
1. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

There are much better places to stay like the pelican or the nordic

Dallas, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
376 reviews
2. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

We're staying there April 26-28 with a Groupon. Recent reviews seem to be mixed, but more positive than negative. I'll do a review after our stay -- at $129 for 2 nights ($279 value), thought we'd give it a shot.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
18,162 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

We are staying at the Sand Castle Motel, right on the beach for a family reunion for my mil's 95th Birthday. She lives nearby. It's a great place, with kitchens, fireplaces, etc.

Prices around $75.

http://www.sandcastlemotel.net/

Dallas, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
376 reviews
4. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

An addendum to my earlier response re: Surftides. A friend at work, her hubby and high school an college age daughters stayed there a week ago and said it was quite nice. Rooms and beds were comfortable. They also enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,655 posts
1,027 reviews
5. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

I remember when you had a big celebration for her 90th, CAnative!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
18,162 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

LOL, each year we think it will be the last, but this was another BIG celebration. Must be that relaxed Oregon living!

7. Re: Surftides going down hill...again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City