We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass float drop

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Glass float drop

I'll be in Lincoln City for the glass float drop. Any suggestions of where and when to look for glass floats. Also does any one know how and when thay are dropped? Thanks for any infomation.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass float drop

ouroregoncoast.com/lincoln-city-area-guide/9…

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass float drop

They are randomly placed and not buried. I have looked many times and never found one but maybe you will get lucky!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass float drop

My wife found one. We had just walked on beach from road that runs along beach south of the Mall. She looked down in some grass at sand edge and there it was. That caused her to walk many more times on the beach there, but never found one again. we go soon again and suspect she will try some more.

She registered that she found one and since then we get regular mailings from Lincoln City Vis Bur. which is kind of nice since we are regular visitors

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass float drop

Thanks I'll keep my fingers cross

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glass float drop

Sounds like a lot of good beach walking. Thanks to all who reply!!!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glass float drop

My wife would get on near place she found and walk the beach to Taft or the bay where the Siletz R comes out and I would meet her there. I usually walked a ways with her then went back to the car

7. Re: Glass float drop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City