We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

Corvallis Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

Does anyone know if there will be a place to dance/eat in Newport for New Year's Eve? We hope to avoid having to drive to Lincoln City. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
Lincoln City
Lincoln City
Oregon Coast, OR
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

Per its website, the Embarcadero Resort has a special dinner and New Year's Eve party, which, when we attended many (many, many) moons ago, included dancing. Click on the "SPECIALS" tab at http://www.embarcadero-resort.com/ .

Corvallis Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

Thanks! I'll check that out! The only other thing I've found is the Shilo, but posts here indicate that it's a little shoddy and dated.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,346 posts
1,104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

We have been to the Embarcadero for New Years, about 10 years ago. It's a fairly large party with lots of folks from the valley ;-) We ate at the Bridges restaurant there for Thanksgiving buffet this year and it was good, not outstanding, but better than average. (We're not "foodies", by the way.) It's on the bay, not ocean, of course.

Are you looking to stay at the same hotel the party is?

Check the Best Western Hallmark - it's oceanfront and they may be having a party for NYE.

The Shiloh has two sections and one is newer but both buildings are looking a little run down from the outside.

Corvallis Oregon
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

Thanks very much! We're actually staying at the Sylvia Beach Hotel (we're newlyweds and a stay at the Sylvia was a gift from some friends :)), so we'll likely drive over the Embarcadero for dinner and the party. I appreciate the info... I've been concerned that the Shilo would be run down.

Mentioned in this post
Sylvia Beach Hotel
Sylvia Beach Hotel
309 Reviews
Newport, OR
5. Re: Newport Oregon for New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City