We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuckers

Longview, WA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shuckers

Since the husband loves oysters we were excited to go where they adverised fresh oysters like you want them. We stayed long enough to have 6 oysters served in Bloody Mary mix and got out of there.

The guy behind the bar let us know right away we were not welcome. He was rude when we ordered. Never smiled once. The beer was warm. The glasses had lipstick on them. Worse part was how dirty it was. This was definatly a place for locals with no place to go.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuckers

Thanks for the heads up grassmel. Too bad about your experience there, but were the shooters any good?

Aside from Shuckers, how was your trip, and where'd you end up staying?

Eugene
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuckers

Shuckers is very inconsistent. Chowder can be fantastic or horrible depending on the day. Having had three bad days, it will be awhile before I'll give them another chance.

Las Vegas...
Level Contributor
665 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuckers

That's too bad about the food. I drive past that place everytime I'm home and have always wondered what it was like inside. I've never stopped because none of our neighbors in Gleneden Beach have said anything good about it.

I remember when it was a Dairy Queen (back in the 70s & 80s) and it was one dirty filthy place then. We stopped once and never went back. Guess you can dress up a pig in silk, but it's still a pig.

We like the oysters at Mo's, so if you haven't tried those, you might. They have their own oyster beds in Yaquina Bay. We generally eat at the Mo's iin Taft on 51st Street since it's closest to our house and have found the food to be pretty consistant.

Taft
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuckers

We eat there at least once a month.

Frankly we think the food is very good.

The place is clean, and we have always had great service from the bartender.

This local can definitely go anywhere I want ,but I love schuckers

5. Re: Shuckers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City