We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

northwest
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
30 reviews
Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

Anybody know which one would be best? Thanks

McMinnville, Oregon
Level Contributor
112 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

Sorry I have no info of these 2 places, but by replying this should keep you on the front page and someone else might know something.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,470 posts
1,111 reviews
2. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

I'm not familiar with either one, but looked up the Purple Moon, purplemoon.com

I get very suspicious of places that do not show clear room pictures, and also call the rooms "cozy"! But I found this, from which I infer that both places are owned by the same people? And what is/who are Beachfront NW?

http://www.purplemooninn.com/policies.html

Hmmm, then I looked up Beachfront Garden Inn. All I find is that it is a "vacation rental company".

So what are you looking at, webfeet?

coast range, OR
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

As a local, they are operated by the same group. Toss up between the two, so be picky on what unit you get!!!!

There are a number of better places in town however depending on your travel party, romantic wants, level of trendiness etc...

Contact me, or look at a few of my submissions if you want a little more info in town, I work with a number of hospitality (hotel and restaurant) businesses in the area very closely.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

Never heard of either. Too bad there aren't any pics on their website for Purple Moon.

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

II have stayed at both, i prefer the Purple Moon. They are like staying in a home rather than a hotel room. They are owned by the same people, you can contact them thru the beachfront garden inn.

Clackamas, OR.
1 post
6. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

My husband and I stay at the Purple Moon and love it. Of course the kids do as well! With your own apartment style(except no one above you with children pounding back and forth keeping you up at all hours) living area and deck right on the beach it feels more relaxing than staying in a hotel- plus you are supporting local community instead of a giant hotel conglomerrant. The unit we stay in has a fireplace, full kitchen, a unique library, two bathrooms(one with a jacuzzi tub) and two very unique bedrooms. We were more stressed and sleep deprived at the end of our trips to the coast until we found this cozy, comfortable and reasonably priced place. Our family loves it and truely believe almost anyone would!!!

Portland, Oregon
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

I have stayed at the Beachfront Garden Inn in Lincoln City, OR. many times. In the past I have stayed in "Ocean Song" but now I always try to get the "Crow's Nest." It is perfect for a single or a couple, It is secluded from the other units and can be very romantic. The view and access to the beach and the private deck are well worth the visit. I have been there five times now and am visiting again next month. If you are a party of four or more, try "Ocean Song." I have never stayed at The Purple Moon.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,470 posts
1,111 reviews
8. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

Since "webfeet" has not returned here since December 2009, perhaps we should let this thread end . . .

9. Re: Purple Moon Inn or Beachfront Garden Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, December 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln City