We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Which Lincoln City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, BC
4 posts
Save Topic
Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Hi, I am trying to book our honeymmon in August somewhere on the Oregon Coast but I don't know where to start! I came across the Beach Front Manor in Lincoln City and it looks like it offers gorgeous views!

I was wondering if anyone local or if anyone has been there recently can tell me more about it as I cannot find many pictures of the hotel's rooms or views. I am worried it will not be what I am hoping for!

If anyone knows of a great hotel anywhere on the coast with wonderful views and maybe a hottub on the deck please let me know!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Can you share your budget? Also, many motels require multiple days' stay. Best wishes to you and to yours.

Vancouver, Wa
Level Contributor
582 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Try looking at Hallmark. The hot tubs in the rooms are NOT by the window or on a patio though.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Hi Lindsay! Never fear, we'll help you out :-)

There are dozens and dozens of hotels along the coast with nice rooms and great views. I'm going to assume, since you are from B.C, that you'd most likely prefer to be somewhere along the northern half of the state?

First off, you do need to give us a price range for your lodging budget. August is the most expensive and busiest month on the Oregon coast, so it's great that you are planning ahead.

Second, what do you have in mind for the kind of town? Do you want to be in a largish town with lots to see and do, or would you prefer to be in a smaller, quieter town?

Is a spa on the deck an absolute necessity? I can think of one place off the top of my head that has private deck spas, and that is Channel House Inn in Depoe Bay. With some looking, I'm pretty sure we could find other places, too.

Had you thought about if a house rental might suit you? The drawback is they sometimes require large security deposits.

How many nights are you planning on staying?

One more note for now -- I suspect I'm a good many years older than you (!) and one thing I've learned over the years is to be a little suspicious of hotels that do not have pictures of their rooms or views on their websites. (Or, in the old days, in their brochures they would mail to you!) So before you rush into booking with your first hotel, give us a chance to come up with some other ideas for you. After all, this is a really, really important occasion, lol!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

"I suspect I'm a good many years older than you (!) "

LOL That might well be true of most of us on TA but not in spirit :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

<<I've learned over the years is to be a little suspicious of hotels that do not have pictures of their rooms or views on their websites. (Or, in the old days, in their brochures they would mail to you!)>>

You just brought back memories! Ah, the days when you'd call a hotel and about a week later you'd receive their borchures in the mail.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

The times they have indeed changed, lol!

Chilliwack, BC
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

lol I am almost 27 and our budget is depending on if it is worth it or not! I would like to pay only up to around $2000.00 for a hotel as food and activities will vary. We would like to stay as long as possible but figure with that budget we might get 6 nights in? A hottub on the deck is something we really want but are willing to downgrade rooms after a few days. Tofino is just too damn expensive!

We don't mind what city or town we end up in as we live in the country part of BC but the city part is less than an hour away so we do enjoy clubs, nice restaurants, a people as well as quading, small town service and peacefulness. Although the northern part would mean less driving time!

We checked out Starfish Manor as well as Beach Front Manor and you get 360 degree video of the rooms so you can actually see what it is really like. I do not trust places that do not show the actual room you get so I don't even look into websites that have none. The rooms they showed were among the rooms we would reserve. We do not mind putting a large deposit down if we have to - we just want to make sure it is worth it!

If there are anymore places you know of or have seen these two hotels I have mentioned please let me know what you think.

Also, in Florence- do they rent dune buggies and what is the cost? We have a quad but it may not be worth bringing it as parking it and security etc. would be a hassle.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

In your first posting you mentioned Beach Front Manor, which is a very old property. I did look at their website, though, and it seems that somebody had poured some money into it, since they say it has been refurbished and are now billing it as a "boutique" hotel. It is right on the beach. I'm not familiar with Starfish Manor.

I would not call Lincoln City "peaceful", as it has basically only one main throughfair going through town and it is always busy and congested. It is a long city, stretching about 7 miles north to south. But the beach is long, open and flat. They have a number of restaurants, and more in the neighboring town of Newport to the south. Newport also has a good aquarium and two lighthouses.

Florence dune buggy rentals:

florencechamber.com/business-directory/duneb…

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Up to $2000?! I think you would be hard pressed to find a hotel room on the Oregon Coast that costs $2000 a night! Maybe you added an extra "0"?

I would recommend picking up a book called something like "100 Romantic Accomodations in The NW." I can't remember the exact title but it is somewhere along those lines and I own it but can't find it at the moment. It has great photos and descriptions of each property.

Good luck and congrats!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help finding honeymoon hotel!!!

Oops! I reread your post and it appears your entire budget for the trip is $2000? Is that what you plan on spending for everything including food, travel expenses, etc? Please clarify so we can better assist in planning your special trip. :-)