We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

Trying to decided which of these two to book for 1 night only in July. Any one stayed in both? Was going to stay at Sakura B/B but it looks a little out the way for having a stroll around town

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

Hmm I did not even know that was a BW in Cascade Locks. I stayed at the one in Hood River several times cause my work took me there. I always enjoyed staying there. if you can get riverside very nice.

However think I would pick Cascade Locks. Fisrt for something new. Picture in AAA shows it to have river view units too.

Charburger is next door and I always enjoy their burgers. b

Mentioned in this post
Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

I haven't stayed at either Best Western, however I feel that if your goal is to stroll around town Hood River has much more to offer. The Hood River BW is an easy walk into town and a great spot to watch to kite boarders and wind surfers, there are some great brew pubs, wine tasting rooms and a big selection of restaurants and shops. Have a great trip - DM

oregon
Level Contributor
881 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

My family stayed at the Cascade Locks BW last summer and found it to be just fine. However, they were not happy with having only the Charburger for eating choice and they had a hard time finding things to occupy their time nearby...nowhere to "go for a stroll" as it were.

They were staying there to be convenient for an early depature on the Sterwheeler the next morning, and found that another larger group ( totalling around 50) was there for the same reason. Other than the pool area getting very crowded and thus having a very loud environment for a while, they had no complaints about the hotel.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,675 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

We stayed at the BW Hood River years ago . . . around 1992 I think. At that time it was fine, great views over the river. I seem to remember some noise from the bridge. Also, the west building is newer than the east building, but neither is young.

Have you checked out some other B&B's?

http://www.hoodriverbnb.com/

http://www.innatthegorge.com/

http://www.villacolumbia.com/

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

I have to agree that the dining options are very limited in Cascade Locks, and there isn't nearly as much to see or do there as in Hood River. Charburger really is the only option there. There is another little restaurant on the other end of town that I tried a while back, and I was not overly impressed with either the food or the service. I can not recall the name now.

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

OK, I agree Hood River best choice for first timer, Hood River is straollable town with a few eateries. and a few other drive to restaurants.

I was thinking what i would do. Since I have already stayed in Hood River several times, I said Cascades Locks, not good choice for first timer.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

phirl: If I was not a first timer, I would probably go with Cascade Locks as well. Especially a unit with a river view. I do enjoy Charburger. I honestly can't think of a place where you can get a cheaper meal with a better view.

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

Charburger. we lived in John Day a few years, and when we had to go to Portland that was a must stop with our kids. Was our first exp with do your own burgers. And the view is worth the price, which is not bad in first place.

And if you are wondering why we were in Cascade Locks, we much preferred John Day to Condon to Biggs and I-84. more dependable weather and less traffic. versus US 26 and Mt Hood

They also have some good pies

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Best Western :Hood River V Cascade Locks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hood River