We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in this area

England
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay in this area

Hi we are planning a trip to Oregon in June 2009. Unfortunatly, it looks like the BW riverside is already booked up for the days we want. Can you reccomend anywhere else to stay in the area. We want to explore Hood River, Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge etc.

We want something of a similar price range to Bw or maybe a bit more if necessary. Must be clean and not full of dogs.

I have read the reviews but nobody seems to be getting a majority of good reviews which is a bit worrying.

Thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,012 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: best place to stay in this area

Ah good . . . sometimes I don't read the Portland forums [embarrassed grin], lol!

The Villa Columbia looks lovely. Hopefully somebody will be familiar with it, but if I were you I'd probably choose it :-)

Level Contributor
35,930 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best place to stay in this area

The Wind River room looks nice from their website! :)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: best place to stay in this area

I agree !! oregone is a great example of helpful people on here, sharing first-hand information... Google is great but sometimes, real experiences just work better..

mistletoe, NYC in '09 ? faantastic !!!

England
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best place to stay in this area

Thanks folks, just to let you know that I have phoned them and booked over the phone.

Decided against Villa Colombia as it looks a bit of a way from the river on Google Earth and is more expensive anyway.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,033 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best place to stay in this area

Great ! Thanks for telling us :)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: best place to stay in this area

I highly suggest Resort At The Mountains in Welches, OR. it is on the SW side of Mt. Hood. Every stay there has been fantastic. The rates are very reasonable, especially if you purchase one of their golf packages. The golf course is lovely to walk. It is usually less expensive than the BW in Hood River. You can check it out at theresort.com. I believe they take pets, I've seen dogs there. If you stay there you must hike Ramona Falls. ref this link www.oregon.com/hiking/ramona_falls.cfm. Absolutely exhausting but Well worth the energy once you are in front of this huge wall of tumbling water. An excellent book to invest in for your trip is "Oregon Trips & Trails by William Sullivan" I think it runs about 12 $ or 15$. It is about 53 miles on HWY 35 from Welches to Hood River and in June, everything should be in bloom. You'll pass wineries, orchards, farms, and the town of Mt.Hood.

I have more suggestions but just review this site-

http://www.oregon.com/trips/gorge.cfm

17. Re: best place to stay in this area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hood River