We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

ızmir
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

Hello,

I am an academic visitor to University of Oregon and I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment suitable for a family of three in central Eugene between 15 June-1 September 2012.

Thank you

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

Normally, a summer rental would be no problem, since it's between semesters and most students are away. This year, however, you have a serious problem. The USA Olympic Track & Field Championships will be here between June 22 and July 1st. It's highly unlikely that you can even book hotel or motel rooms in Eugene right now for those dates. And anyone with a vacant apartment close to Hayward Field at that time will be demanding really high rental rates. Compounding the problem is that the Oregon Bach Festival will be running concurrently, drawing even more visitors to Eugene.

My only suggestions would be to see if you can get a real estate agent to do your hunting for you, put a feeler out on Craig's List or see what you can find on VRBO..

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

One more idea that you ought to try....if you have any contacts at the UofO, see if they can help. The athletic, alumni , marketing and fund development folks at the university will already be falling all over themselves trying to house their VIPs during the Olympic Trials.

I wish you the best of luck and know you'll love Eugene once you find housing.

ızmir
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

Thank you for your advices, I have contacted to Forrent.com but all the houses are unfurnished and furniture packs are very expensive. I have checked VRBO but the houses are not fully partially booked over summer.Anyway we keep searching.

4. Re: looking for an apartment in Eugene over summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, May 29, 2013