We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Month long stay recomendations please!

Which Eugene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Month long stay recomendations please!

Need to be in Eugene/Springfield area for a month commencing Mid-Aug.

Recommendations for extended stay please and thanks in advance.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor. Are you thinking of a vacation rental house or a motel? If rental, have you checked www.vrbo.com

Our Eugene expert (who lives there) is at the coast right now but I think he'll be back within a day or so.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Well, we're back physically, but our heads are still on the beach somewhere at Cape Kiwanda. As you can see, a week on the coast has even changed how I look!

half-Brit's questions are good ones. There are extended stay places in the area, more designed for travelling business people than for vacationers. Will you be here for work or pleasure and do you want more to be in Eugene or Springfield? Will you be alone, looking for single occupancy (with kitchen)? Or more like an apartment/condo set-up where you can entertain guests?

Sacramento...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Thank you both very much.

|

Studio unit absolutely fine - dont need kitchen - no entertaining .. Eugene or Springfield also fine. A few years ago we rented a furnished apt over by Los Dos Amigos on Good Pasture Island Road - but think it was outrageously expensive ($2000 for the month)

We usually come in motorhome and stay 3-5 months but only need to be in town for a month (at most two) - doing the math tho - with diesel averaging $4/gallon just too darn expen$ive -- so exploring these other options.

Checked VRBO and the few smaller units are already booked.

Welcome other ideas too please!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

http://tinyurl.com/3jrqmkw

I've gone by Crossland many times, but can't say what it's like...other than it's in Springfield close to Gateway Mall and all the restaurants in that area.

A quick check says it's $47.99 per night. On short notice (since it's already almost mid-August) I'm not sure I could find a better deal. I did not check to see if there were vacancies.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Might take a look at the Shiloh in Springfield. It's right at the Beltline exit intersection. Older but most of it has been refurbished. We've stayed there several times and they seem to have some long-term guests such as contractors so might have a good rate.

Sacramento...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

thanks again folks ..

Jeepers ---- Shiloh Inn $65 per nite for monthly is outrageous.

thanks for the ideas..

See ya down the road.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

I'm an RVer myself (Freightliner/5th wheel) , and it seems as if even with diesel being outrageously high, that you'd still be money ahead if you drove the MH?

Even $48 / night plus tax equals around $1,600.

About 475 miles, 10 MPG = about 50 gallons x $4 = $200. Times two for both directions = $400.

Don't know where you normally stay, but the Premier RV Resort charges $465 for a month, plus electricity, say $100 = $565.

$1,600 v. $965 :-)

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Don't know what was expected in Eugene/Springfield. This is not some backwater village. It's a metro area with a major university on the primary north/south route in the state, as well as on the east/west gateway to both the coast and the Cascades. It's a matter of supply and demand.

The greatest number of current apartment vacancies are being readied right now for the return of the UofO students (biggest student body in history).

If you don't mind a short drive, you might take a look at Creswell or Veneta.

Sacramento...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

Appreciate all input - thats reason for posting inquiry.

Sacramento is not origination point.

1000 miles ea way

Always stay at Premier RV

"Backwater Village" ?

Take care.

10. Re: Month long stay recomendations please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 07, 2012