We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three wineries

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
451 reviews
Save Topic
three wineries

we have been to most of the wineries around here, after a few trips. have never been to three graces, dobbes, and argyle or daedalus...would that be a goo 4 to visit in one area?

thanks,

any other suggestions will be appreciated.

17 replies to this topic
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: three wineries

Four Graces and Argyle are good. Are you looking strictly in that immediate area or would Newberg do? I personally would venture off a bit though. Head just a few minutes north/east of there into Newberg. Brick House and Arbor Brook are two of my favorites, and they are pretty close to each other. Aramenta is right by Brick House too, which is convenient. On the same road at AB, shortly before it is Adelsheim. Also, Trisaetum is near all of these that I mentioned. These are all in the Ribbon Ridge area.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: three wineries

we have been to the ribbon ridge area, but not brick house...maybe arbor brook, i will check...adelsheim and trisaetum ...we have been there, but could go back..thanks,

just 4 graces and argyle??

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: three wineries

I would do more than just Four Graces and Argyle. Brick House is a standout for sure. My other favorite is Seufert which is in Dayton. It isn't far at all, but not sure if you want to stay within a really small area or not. FWIW, Brick House, Arbor Brook and Seufert are ones that we always go back to (and we live here) and we give as gifts. We serve these wines for special family events, etc. Plus they are small production places so are much harder to find outside of the area and of course you get to meet the actual winemaker and all that goes with that.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: three wineries

Three Graces, Argyle and Brick House would give you 3 different experiences and a nice variety of tastes. All excellent wines BTW!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: three wineries

It is Four Graces, not Three;) FWIW:)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: three wineries

I might also mention that Brick House generally tastes by appointment only, and it's over the hill from Argyle and Four Graces. Going over that hill, you'd have the option to stop at Winderlea, Torii Mor, and a few others.

Have you visited the dozen or so wineries in the hills west of Dundee?

Edited: 4:26 pm, April 25, 2012
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: three wineries

Where did THREE Graces come from???? Early onset whatchamacallit!

Please. Do not tell Mrs. OregonJohn. :-)

Edited: 10:54 pm, April 25, 2012
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: three wineries

thanks for all the alternatives...i am getting out the map and will plan. i get into tastings free, as being in the business...nice.

has anyone had experience with the place that makes the olive oil? it is also a b and b.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,038 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: three wineries

Brick House now has very limited hours for tastings on Saturdays. From 1-3 or 1-4,. can't remember.

Red Ridge Farm is the olive oil place. What are you wondering about?

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: three wineries

well, if anyone has been there. is the olive oil good? worth the trip?

Reply to: three wineries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dundee