We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue pacific vacation rentals

haarlem
Level Contributor
154 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
blue pacific vacation rentals

Hi, anyone who knows this apparantly new complex?

Blue Pacific? The have condos in Depoe Beach and Lincoln City,

I am interested in Depoe Beach,

The pictures on the website look great, but can't see the building, or location and don't know how busy the beach in front is in summer.

Or how busy the nearby road is.

read all sorts of comments on the traffic noise on the Oregon coast.

We are a group of adults really seeking a few quiet holiday days.

Any guidance?

Thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue pacific vacation rentals

Hi, first some info about .... Depoe Bay. It's not called Depoe "Beach" because there is no beach. It's a rocky shoreline and a very small harbour. The Blue Pacific condos are located a mile north of the little town, in this complex... http://www.thevillageatnorthpointe.org/

The complex is located between Highway 101 and the ocean. I would not call it a "quiet" area, but if you are inside all you would hear would be the ocean, I'm sure. There is a lawn on the ocean side, and then the rocky short cliff where the waves crash. Again, no beach.

Lincoln City -- Lincoln City has hundreds of condos adn I don't know where this one is exactly. It's not on Hwy 101, but on a side street. I did find a picture of it from the beach:

integritystructuresllc.com/p_PacificWindsLin…

Note that there are *no stairs* going down to the beach, and I carefully read their website and I do not see any mention of "beach access"! So be sure to ask very specifically about that!

Now, neither of these towns are quiet, in my opinion. But as I have said many times, it depends upon what you are used to! If you live in a big city, then everything may seem very quiet to you. Lincoln City is one of the larger towns and is very busy and congested year 'round. Traffic is jammed all summer - plus spring and fall.

I can't remember when you're visiting?

But if you're looking for a quiet place, you might look at Neskowin or Gleneden Beach. There is a condo unit at Gleneden Beach, I think it's called Trendwest. You might also look into renting a house. There are a number of vacation rental companies, also take a look at www.vrbo.com

Be aware that the photos in some websites show pretty beaches that are in "the area", not at the location of the lodging!

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue pacific vacation rentals

In search of a beach house for a family get together next summer, I reviewed lots of online offerings (including VRBO). Did a few emails to owners with questions (VRBO allows you to do this on its site so you can send out similar emails to different owners without having to re-enter all the info). Some wouldn't reveal their actual addresses and I discounted those, because my wife and I were going to actually take a weekend trip and check out the locations personally.

What we found out is what half-Brit warned about...there is a BIG difference between "ocean view," "ocean access" and "ocean front." Ocean view can be from the top of a cliff on the inland side of the coast highway. Ocean access can mean anything from a nearby staircase down a rocky cliffside to a trail a quarter mile away from the house. Ocean front can mean the waves crash on the rocks below the house...but you have no beach right there to speak of. There were a couple of gorgeous locations in Yachats, Seal Rock and Waldport that were located on rocky promontories...great for a few adults, but not suitable for small kids. In Waldport there were lots of vacation homes crammed together on a sandy bluff with a 15-20ft dropoff to the beach. The closest easy access to the beach was through a private club down the road. From the inland sides of the homes you couldn't see the beach.

We wanted a house right on the beach so the kids and grandkids could simply go out and play in the sand. We wound up going a bit farther up the coast and rented a vacation house in Pacific City in Kiwanda Shores. The first two rows of homes are on the beach, Cape Kiwanda and the Pelican Pub are a short walk up the beach and the homes we looked at were as good as their photos online. An added plus, was that we were able to meet the owners, who gave us a personal tour of their properties.

Such onsite walk-throughs may not be possible for you, but you should definitely feel free to email the owners/agencies with your questions and specifications. Many of the online sites do offer actual home addresses. Use those with Google maps, street view and satellite services to see exactly where the homes are. Often, you can actually see the homes...or, at least, get a good idea of the neighborhood and nearby restaurants, etc.

3. Re: blue pacific vacation rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 13, 2011