We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

Hi again,

My husband and I are coming next week. I have read all of the restaurant reviews. It seems that there are several wonderful places to go for breakfast. And good places for coffee & pastries, etc. Does anyone know if there are places that have jst some basic eggs & meat kind of place? We love to go out for breakfast on vacation and some mornings ginger pancakes, etc. will be great. But are there any basic , local's type of place in Cannon Beach? We'll be staying at Land's End at CB.

Thanks!

Karen

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

The Pig N Pancake :-)

http://www.pignpancake.com/

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

right down the street to the log cabin restaurant on the corner

Level Contributor
35,013 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

The Pig N Pancake is what you're looking for. The one in Cannon Beach is our favorite. If you want a view with breakfast, check out The Wayfarer. :).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

It's hard to characterize any restaurant in Cannon Beach as a "local's" type of place because they're mostly all filled with tourists/visitors. ;-) But just to clarify lougee's "log cabin", I believe he's referring to Morris' Fireside, a short block away from Land's End. I've been there a number of times; nothing fancy, basic, meat-and-potatoes breakfast.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

I hate to be disagreeable, but the Pig N' Pancake is pretty crummy. Loud, busy, and mediocre (at best) food. Try the Lazy Susan- marginally more upscale, but the breakfast is far, far better.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

...in re-reading your initial post, it appears you probably already know about the Lazy Susan. So, for a basic option, PnP or Morris' Fireside should work.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

Well, that is your *opinion*, BillyBadly, which is fine. But many many others like it. The family owned company has been in business for over 50 years and now has five restaurants in small coastal towns and is strongly supported by locals - so they must be doing something right :-)

It's about as far from "pretentious" as one can get. Just good, basic "eggs & meat", like nariz74 asked about.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

Thanks everyone! Great tips and we'll probably check out each one while there...can't wait.

9. Re: Breakfast question for Cannon Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 21, 2015