We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best around cannon beach

austin
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Best around cannon beach

Visiting CB/Seaside after several years absence. Looking for:

Best seafood source to take to my bungalow. Boat dock, shop??

Best sunset view.

Best take away or delivery food, all kinds.

Best chowder!

Best breakfast, happy hour, dinner, pub?

Best shopping.

Best groceries...on the way from Portland.

Best all in one wine source besides side trip to wineries.

Best anything else u can think of...?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best around cannon beach

Best sunset view? Almost any place with stacks, I like Arcadia State Park, just south of Cannon Beach. See my photo: www.tripadvisor.com/members-photos/voyaging

Have you been to Ecola State Park?

How long will you be in that area?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best around cannon beach

My suggestions center around Cannon Beach.

For fresh seafood, Ecola Seafood Market is the go to place. It is a restaurant as well as a market, so you can do takeaway there as well.

For views, head to Ecola State Park or near Haystack Rock.

For breakfast, my favorite spot is the Lazy Susan. It is cash only. Another good breakfast spot is the Wayfarer, which looks right out to Haystack Rock, so that is a bonus.

Bill's Tavern is a good pub and we have always had good meals here.

Hemlock is the main street through town and has many great shops.

For groceries, there are many options. Just depends on where you want to stop. There is a big Fred Meyer in Beaverton which is easy to get to off of hwy 26 (you get onto hwy 217 for a short distance, then the store is right at the exit, so super easy). This would also be your best wine source as they carry a lot of local wines.

There are a couple wine stores in Cannon Beach, my preference being Laurel's which is on N. Hemlock.

Level Contributor
35,730 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best around cannon beach

Bell Bouy in Seaside is a great place to pick up seafood to take back to your bungalow. There is a very nice Safeway in Seaside for grocery shopping, Ave U for catching an amazing sunset with Tillamook Head in the background, or anywhere on the promenade.

We love the Seaside Outlets for shopping! McKeown's is a nice place for breakfast in Seaside. I love their Crab Benedicts there. Pig n Pancake in both Seaside and Cannon Beach is another nice choice for breakfast. Or, Bagels by the Sea in Seaside.

For Happy Hour, check out either Yummy Wine Bar or The Boardwalk @ The Shilo Oceanfront Resort. Both places are great for dinne, also. Bigfoot Steakhouse is one of our favorites for dinner, also.

For some awesome clam chowder, head to Norma's Ocean Diner in Seaside. Sam's Seaside Cafe also does some really good clam chowder, so does The Boardwalk previously mentioned.

In Cannon Beach, we recently enjoyed two great meals at The Stephanie Inn and Fishes Sushi. For pizza, take-out or delivery, we love Angelina's in Seaside. Pizza A Feta in Cannon Beach has awesome crab topped pizza. The new manager there recently told me they are working on delivery service this summer.

Have a great time at the coast! :)

Edited: 11:42 am, May 18, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best around cannon beach

My 2¢.....

Seafood - Either Ecola Seafoods or Bell Buoy, whichever is closer to where you'll be staying. If it's a toss-up, I agree with Mtngrl; choose Ecola Seafoods. You'd need to go to Astoria to get seafood fresh off a boat, but I'm not sure you'd even find it there.

Sunset - Any spot with either Haystack Rock or the "Needles" as part of the scene. And of course, a glass of wine to enhance the enjoyment of it.

Take-away or delivery food - I don't know of any places that deliver in Cannon Beach, and most aren't really set up for take-away, but Ecola Seafoods works in a pinch. ;-)

Breakfast etc. - We had a late breakfast on the patio outside of Local Grill & Scoop in Cannon Beach a couple weeks ago. Really good!! Fave dinner is the Dinner Show at EVOO: http://evoo.biz/ . Also, Newman's @ 988, which is owned by the same guy who owns/operates Fishes, and was himself formerly head chef at Stephanie Inn. I 2nd the rec for Bill's Tavern, but if you're in Astoria, go to Rogue Ales on Pier 39. Good pub food, and I think the best clam chowder around.

Shopping - Pretty much all of Cannon Beach, but I really like Icefire Glassworks, a few blocks south of the central downtown area.

Groceries - There's a Fred Meyer's just off hwy 26 at the Cornelius Pass exit, about 20 miles west of Portland. Otherwise, wait until you get to the coast. The Mariner Market is the only good option in Cannon Beach, but it's locally owned, and has what you'll want, even though you'll pay a bit more.

Wine - Mtngrl might be thinking of The Wine Shack, across the small square from the Coaster Theatre in Cannon Beach. Best in the area, in my opinion.

Other;

Best kite shop - If only for the name, Once Upon a Breeze in Cannon Beach.

History - the old roadway carved out of the headland at Hug Point.

Edited: 1:24 pm, May 18, 2012
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best around cannon beach

Thrumylens--The Wine Shack is the other one. We usually go to Laurel's which is up near Bruce's Candy, across the street from it. She carried a lot of OR wines and has her own label as well.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best around cannon beach

Both the Wine Shack and Laurel's in Cannon Beach have interesting wine selections. I usually find a bottle or two to add to my cellar when we're there.

Love Norma's chowder, too.

Big Safeway in Seaside for groceries.

austin
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best around cannon beach

been to ecola, a week long stay this time.

austin
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best around cannon beach

thank you!!

Level Contributor
35,730 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best around cannon beach

Check out The Wine Haus in the Seaside Outlets for a nice selection of wines. Safeway also has a great selection of wines. :).

austin
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best around cannon beach

thank you!!