We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

tell me where the bridge is 56 seconds in to this video link - www.youtube.com/watch…

thank you

Grey

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

YES!!!! I know EXACTLY where it is as I designed, and along with my crew, built it in 1982! It crosses Necarney Creek in Oswald West State Park, about 10 miles south of Cannon Beach. The most direct access is from the southern-most parking lot. Just follow the path about 1/3 of a mile.

Edited: 6:09 pm, April 26, 2012
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

OMG! thats amazing! We are comming to Portland for 4 days in September, we will visit the Cannon beach area and would love to visit where the bridge is. Thank you for your response, I hope we find it.

Grey

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

You're welcome! It's EASY to find. Oswald West is bisected by hwy 101. Just head south and pick the last parking lot on the right (west) side of the hwy.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

At 33-34 seconds, pictured is, I believe Arcadia Beach, south of Cannon Beach. Lovely, fun to walk around the rocks shown as the tide changes. Great for sunset shots. See my photos.

Evoo Restaurant and Lazy Susan Cafe, a definite "cut above". Don't be fooled by the word "cafe". But be aware that the restrooms are upstairs.

Don't know if you are going south from CB but if not, definitely see Ecola State Park, adjacent and north of CB.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,362 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

There is also historic Hug Point:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g51790-c151280/Cannon…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

Thank you for the info - Hug point was a place noted on our lists, there seems to be so much we want to try and see. Very excited and looking forward very much to our trip.

All ideas greatly appreciated.

Grey

7. Re: Cannon beach - please can anyone...................

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:41 pm, June 18, 2013