We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon Coast

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Oregon Coast

From Florida and planning a 6-8 day trip with my husband in June to visit the Oregon coast. We would like to stay a few days at an oceanfront place. We don't know where we should begin our journey or what are the best areas to visit with the most spectacular vistas. My husband would love to go horseback riding on the beach and we enjoy kayjaking. We also love good food and music. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oregon Coast

The most spectacular vistas are from Yachats to Florence and Port Orford to Brokkings, and to a lesser extent Cannon Beach to Manzanita.

Since you posted to Cannon Beach, are you really looking for what is near there?

Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City has some nice views up and down coast. There is a horseback place north of Lincoln City a bit Neskowin, maybe.

Level Contributor
34,181 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregon Coast

What is your budget for the oceanfront lodging? :).

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oregon Coast

From Seaside to Newport (northern coastal area), our top recommendations for a great meal if budget is not a big concern: Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach, Delicate Palate in Pacific City, Bay House in Lincoln City, Restaurant Beck in the Whale Cove Inn just south of Depoe Bay and April's in Newport. Moderate to budget choices: Norma's in Seaside, Marzano's Pizza in Manzanita, Bread Board, Pelican Pub & Brewery and Riverhouse in Pacific City, Hawk Creek Cafe in Neskowin, Blackfish Cafe in Lincoln City, Tidal Raves in Depoe Bay, Panache, Saffron Salmon and Local Ocean Seafoods in Newport.

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oregon Coast

$150 a night

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oregon Coast

Thanks for your input. I didn't realize I posted to Canon Beach. I did read that this was a beautiful area, but crowded and quite touristy. We are open to staying in any area.

Level Contributor
34,181 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oregon Coast

June will still have minimal crowds at the coast. HIgh tourist season starts 4th of July weekend and goes until Labor Day. With your budget, you may want to look at nearby Seaside.

There are several properties right on the prom that are nice and in your budget. www.seasideor.com

For great places to eat in Cannon Beach check out: Irish Table, The Wayfarer, Stephanie Inn, Bistro, Mo's, Newman's @ 988 and The Lumberyard.

In Seaside: Bigfoot Steakhouse, Yummy Wine Bar, Taste of Tuscany, The Boardwalk @ The Shilo Oceanfront, Maggie's on the Prom and Norma's Ocean Diner.

I hope you have a great trip! :)

Lincoln City, Oregon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oregon Coast

Depending on how far you are willing to travel, Lincoln City, is always a great destinations. I would highly recommend spending a night in Lincoln City at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, ( http://www.thecoholodge.com ). They are a newly renovated property and have a free breakfast, wifi and wine socials every friday . The Inn at Wecoma ( http://www.innatwecoma.com ) is also a great option for those looking to travel on a budget. Though they are a few blocks up from the ocean, they are also newly remodeled and comfortable.

edmonton, canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oregon Coast

We are booked at the Gilbert Inn in Seaside. Although we have not been yet we were told it was 1 block to the beach and a block the other way to the main shops and food. It's in your budget and they have several types of rooms to pick from. Got excellent reviews here on TA.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oregon Coast

>> June will still have minimal crowds at the coast. <<

Umm... there will be crowds...

Those of use who live on the coast (not in Calif) and are here all year round figure that the "busy" season runs from about spring break - end of March or so - through October.

The busiest months of the year are July and August. June may still have rain.

Now, to be honest, "crowds" can be a fluid term. You are from Orlando which is a very large city. Therefore, you may not find the crowds to be bad at all ;-)

Boop368, what sorts of things do you enjoy doing? Do you want a very small, quiet town with less going on? Or do you prefer a larger town with more activities?

Horseback riding limits it a bit and Cannon Beach is one of the better places for it, thanks to the Sea Ranch Stables being grandfathered in from about the 1930's or so. Check to see what their schedule is.

Thanks to a big "grass roots" campaign a few years ago, a few other beaches allow horses on the beach but not all of them have rentals close by. Pacific City and Nehalem Bay have this outfit:

http://www.oregonbeachrides.com/

Kayaking is usually done in slightly inland waterways - rivers and bays.

Level Contributor
34,181 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oregon Coast

I hope you enjoy The Gilbert Inn! We stayed there a long time ago and had a great stay. It is in a nice location, also. A very good choice for a Bed and Breakfast in Seaside. :)