We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

I am traveling with a girlfriend down the Oregon coast and we really want to stay for 1 night in Cannon beach, and then the next night further south near Tillamook before we head back to Portland. But I am having a really hard time finding a place in Cannon beach for one night! Is our quest impossible? We want to spend a good day checking out Cannon Beach, and then visit Tillamook and do a little sightseeing along the coast the next day.

Any advice is welcome!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

If it weren't a Saturday night you might succeed in getting the 2 night minimum waived as bookings do appear to be a bit soft this month (I just got an email yesterday from the SurfSand offering discounted rates for this coming weekend), but I would imagine most places are going to hold out for a 2 nighter. Waiting until the last minute (e.g. next Wed or Thurs) might help as lodgings will be more flexible about filling the rooms the closer to the date it gets.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

When we lived in Portland, we tried a few times to get that 2 night minimum waived.. any time of the week .. it was always a No.

Even in Arch Cape there are minimums..

Try the Arch Cape Inn .. a B&B, maybe they don't have a minimum, Arch Cape is only 10 mi south of Cannon Beach ..

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Assuming you are coming from Portland, you could stay in the Seaside area, it's not far from Cannon Beach. Cannon Beach, BTW, can be seen as a nice walkthrough, but worth seeing Ecola State Park, north end. Then continue south for your first overnight?

Depending on your time, the coast south of Tillamook is much more scenic and the latter is inland. If time permits, I'd go as far south as spectacular Cape Perpetua; see that and Newport; then return to Portland if necessary, by I-5. The Three Capes Route outside of Tillamook is on rough roads and you need to walk/hike a bit to enjoy what is more accessible, and IMO, more stunning, further south.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Try either Seaside or Manzanita, both are close by. Be aware that Seaside has traffic congestion, however.

Not knowing your price range, try:

http://seasidelanai.com/our_hotel.php

You do know that Tillamook is inland?

Level Contributor
34,486 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Yes, try Seaside, www.seasideor.com is a nice website for this area, I am there now so let me know if the3re any specific places you want to check out, try Rivertide Suites, they are a fairly new property,I have toured the rooms, they are very nice. :)

Level Contributor
34,486 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

I was just by the Lanai at the Cove, they have painted their outside and have beautiful hanging flower baskets now, there is also an outdoor pool at the Lanai. Thisproperty is by Ave U, a more quiet area of Seaside. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Since it's only 40 miles between the two towns, I'm wondering why you'd split your stay between Cannon Beach and Tillamook. So, if it's the 2-night minimum that's creating the problem, consider spending both nights in Cannon Beach. There aren't many good options around Tillamook anyway. And if you get a fairly early start after the 2nd night, you'll have plenty of time to see sights around Tillamook, and still make it back to Portland by dinner time. I've done the same loop many times. Heck, you'll have daylight until almost 9:30pm.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Now there's a good idea ;-)

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

Oh, good suggestion, mistletoe--I read the OP as saying they were heading to Portland the 2nd night after visiting Tillamook for the day, but I think you read it right.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Possible to stay 1 night in Cannon Beach on 6/13

mistletoe has the answer. No doubt about that.

Also, for anyone looking for a one night stay...I wonder if there will be concessions due to the economy? Although I would doubt it during the summer as far more Oregonians will be spending time "at home" than going elsewhere.