We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
budget lodging in Cannon Beach

My husband and I are looking for a inexpensive place to stay in Cannon Beach. I know on our budget (under $150 a night) it will be hard to stay right on the beach, but we would like to at least be close to the beach and/or the town's restaurants/other things to do. I am considering the Ecola Creek Lodge as it is right next to Ecola State Park (we love to trail run and hike) What do you think? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Another one to look at is Schooners Cove. I haven't stayed there, but it is on the water and is in your price range.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it fits your rate during the offseason. When are you coming?

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

I think Ecola Creek Lodge is a great choice, but it is the only one that I know the owners of . ;)

Level Contributor
34,499 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Ecola Creek Lodge is in a great location, we haven't stayed there but have always thought the property looked very nicely kept, lots of bunnies around that area. Land's End and the Waves might be in your price range, they are very close to downtown Cannon Beach and right near the ocean where there is a nice stretch to run/walk. You can walk to JP's, Driftwood Inn, etc. from there. Enjoy your time in Cannon Beach! :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Have you looked at the Cannon Beach Hotel? Some of the rooms might be in your price range (but it depends on when your visit is of course as rates vary seasonally).

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Lands End Motel has a studio for $170 (#24). It is right on the beach and two blocks from town. We have stayed there 3 times and really like it. No pool, no daily cleaning, allow dogs, but the rooms are very clean and the owners especially nice. If coming after September, the rates go down.

LandsEndMotel.com

Enjoy the Oregon Coast, it is wonderful.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

How many nights?

Ecola Creek Lodge and *many* other properties have a two or even three night minimum.

When are you visiting?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will look into all of them. We will be staying in Cannon Beach September 9-11, so I don't know if the rates will have dropped yet. (in the southeast we see a significant drop after labor day)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

September is still high season here, but midweek will definitely help as some places cut their minimum stays to just the weekends. I would take the Cannon Beach Hotel over all the others mentioned. The rate is only $140 and there is availability on your dates. I would jump on that!

Level Contributor
34,499 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: budget lodging in Cannon Beach

Land's End is nice, you will be close to downtown Cannon Beach from here. :)