We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

I have been doing my own research on restaurants, but I always get the best results when I consult the experts or people on this forum :) I will be in Cannon Beach for my 1 year anniversary.....any restaurant suggestions? Price is not really an issue, but we do not like super fancy food. Thanks for any suggestions!!

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

Dooger's is always a good place. Not super fancy food- but still really good seafood. It's where we take out-of towners while in CB. :)

Level Contributor
34,504 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

I would go to the Stephanie Inn, we had a very nice meal there several days ago. It is a Fixed Price menu for $45/pp which includes four courses. There are two seatings each evening, the food is amazing and the service very good. Call ahead to see if they are serving something you like the night you want to dine there.

My second choice would be Newman's @ 988, the chef/owner used to work at Stephanie Inn. Very good food in a little mustard yellow cottage. Great food and service here, also. Have fun! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

Stephanie Inn and Newman's both fancy themselves as fancy places with fancy food. In my opinion, except for the pretense part, neither pulls it off very well. For very good food in a casual-comfortable atmosphere, I'd pick Gower St. Bistro, which shares a building with Cannon Beach Hotel.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

I agree, Gower St Bistro is great. We are great fans of them as well as their other place in Portland, the Everett St Bistro.

Some people recommend the most expensive places to eat because they equate high price to good food... but in this case, I think you would be happy and comfortable going to Gower St..

Happy Anniversary!

Southern cal
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

JP's is he place to go. Bill, the chef, can fix anything you like. He did a real nice job for my daughter and son in law on their honeymoon. JP's is a family owned and run restaurant of high quality with beach atmosphere. (North end of town)

Dr. Collins

Level Contributor
34,504 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

Another consideration is Bistro, we have enjoyed a couple of nice meals there. They have a really good Greek Lemon Soup that is included with your entree. We like the Wild Salmon Special and the Pear Walnut salad is also very good here. The dining room is rather small, make a reservation here. :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

I thought Newman's was wonderful when I was there about a year ago. It didn't feel pretentious at all to me (I was there by myself and many nice restaurants are not welcoming to a solo diner but they were), and the food was very good. I think it would be a great choice for a romantic meal, although I also like Gower Street a lot.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

Anothe vote for Doogers. Simply good food at a good price.

Level Contributor
34,504 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

We had another excellent dinner at Newman's this past Sat. night. We were seated at a table for 2 in the front of the restaurant, very cozy with a white rose and small candle on the table. We ordered the Crab Cakes for our starter that was very good, a glass of the house Pinot Noir, the Caprese salad and shared the Lamb Shank which was heavenly and perfectly prepared. Our service was excellent, very professional.

For dessert we shared the Chocolate cake which was rich and decadant, the perfect ending to a special meal in Cannon Beach. Newman's @ 988 is very nice for a special occasion. :)

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary Dinner in Cannon Beach

We like the Wayfarer for the view, and right by the beach access for a walk on the beach. :) It is more standard fare than some of the more upscale mentioned. I would put it on the same level as Doogers.