We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

Which Cannon Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

We have only one night (a Monday night) to stay at Cannon Beach in August. So far I haven't been able to find anywhere that offers one night's accomodation for August. We don't need anything fancy - just somewhere clean. It also doesn't need to be right in town. A B&B or motel would also work. Is Rockaway Beach a good alternative to Cannon Beach?

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

Lots of places at Cannon Beach have 2 nite minimums in the summer.

Rockaway Beach has a different feel than Cannon Beach. Rockaway Beach more low-key than Cannon(Rockaway has less fancy shops, etc).

An alternative to Cannon Beach type atmosphere would be Manzanita-try Sunset Surf Motel in Manzanita...

Its not fancy-but it was clean last time I stayed there(about 1.5 years ago). Maybe look at the reviews to see if this place fits for you...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

You might try the Blue Gull Inn: http://www.bluegullinn.net/bluegull.php. It's a 1940s - 50s style motor inn/motel kind of place with a great location close to town, and a stone's throw from the beach. Based on reports from my wife and daughter, it meets your criteria. Not sure if they have a minimum stay requirement, though.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

Thank-you for the tips.

We will stay in Manzanita - I booked the San Dune Inn.

I tried to book the Blue Gull Inn - the Inn's website told me the room was available for the night I needed and let me go through the steps to book the room until the final step where the terms and conditions state that only 2 night stays are accepted.

4. Re: One night's accomodation in Cannon Beach - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 31, 2009