We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun river resort ?

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
sun river resort ?

Has anyone ever stayed at the sun river resort ? we are booking for Dec. and just wondered on the up keep and the things to do. thanks

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sun river resort ?

Are you stsying ina private house or condo? What do you like to do? Ther are a ton of things to do here.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sun river resort ?

We stay at Sunriver quite a bit. The River Lodge is very nice. We have not stayed in the regular lodge, but I do know they did a huge renovation recently so I assume it is very nice as well. The homes can really vary, and are priced accordingly. The Sage Springs Spa at the resort was built just a few years ago and is wonderful. In the winter skiing, snowshoeing, and snomobiling are the usual outdoor activities.

Mentioned in this post
Sunriver
Sunriver
Central Oregon, OR
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sun river resort ?

we are thinking of staying in one of the condos at the sun river resort. It looks like there are a ton of winter activities. I am not a skier [ I might break something lol ] but I am more of a hot tub sleigh ride gal. We have narrowed it down to the river house or the sun river resorts, both about the same cost, any imput as to which one? thanks cozzette

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sun river resort ?

I strongly suggest staying in a house. Much better experiance. make reservations early they fill up.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sun river resort ?

Vacationgirl, I am taking your advice and looking at vacation houses in sun River , they are actually more of what we are looking for [ hot tub, fireplace ] and the prices are better, even better if you can get a big group, thanks for the heads up, Cozzette

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sun river resort ?

The house is a great plan. You will love having that privacy and freedom to party naked in your own tub if you like : ) The Inn at the 7th mtn has had sleigh rides years past, but as you know this has been an awful snow year, so might be over with. If you like to hike. Smith Rock state park is beautiful and has nice views of the cascades. But in SR itself, most people rent bikes and cruise the endless pathways. If the weather is good they also do raft trips or you can rent them your selves and just float. Real easy water in that area, no rapids or anything. What do you guys liek to do anyway?

Mentioned in this post
Smith Rock State Park
Smith Rock State Park
886 Reviews
Redmond, OR
Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sun river resort ?

Unless you are locked into Sun River, you might take a look at Black Butte Ranch.

It's a little bit longer trip to Bachelor from there but we find it much more peaceful that Sun River.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sun river resort ?

I think you will be very happy with renting a home instead. It is nice to have room to stretch out. We have rented homes through both Sunriver and Sunray, but tend to use Sunray more often. When we call and inquire about a home they can answer me right on the spot about the details, whereas with Sunriver the clerks at the reservation desk usually only know what the computer tells them. We have had great homes through both though.

Mentioned in this post
Sunriver
Sunriver
Central Oregon, OR
Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: sun river resort ?

I found a great DVD on Central Oregon. It's about 2 hours long and it's all narrated. Great info - awesome footage. I bought mine from the Bend Visitors Center (visitbend.com) but I see here on the back of the DVD there is a website you can order it from directly. www.CentralOregonDVD.com.

Check it out - well worth the $20

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Oregon
United States
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sun river resort ?

Though I've never stayed at the Sunriver Resort and rent a house instead, I would still vote for renting a house. If money isn't an object, I'd probably try the resort sometime, but it's nice to have your own space, hot tub, washer and dryer, etc . . . Like previously mentioned, book your house asap if you haven't already done so for the most options. They fill up quickly. If needed, here are some possible websites for finding a rental including houses, condos, and townhomes too:

www.sr-sunset.com

www.resortquestsunriver.com

www.visitcentraloregon.com

Sunriver is one of my favorite places to go and we are actually going next weekend and the end of next month!!

Mentioned in this post
Sunriver Resort
Sunriver Resort
2,612 Reviews
Sunriver, OR
Sunriver
Sunriver
Central Oregon, OR