We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awbrey Butte

seattle
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Topic
Awbrey Butte

Just booked a stay at a home in the Aubrey Butte this September....Neat looking place and we are looking forward to our stay BUT...the place billed itself as " 5 minutes" to town. As I look on the map it sure looks farther than 5 minutes....not real happy right now as I was hoping to stay close to Bend and at least have the opportunity to ride bikes to and fro.

Anyone able to shed some light on this situation?? How far is it REALLY?? The house is on Putnam rd if that helps.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Awbrey Butte

I don't know, but I would take a look at google maps to find out.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Awbrey Butte

More like 10 minutes by car, depending on where it is on Awbrey Butte. There is a large geologic formation named Awbrey Butte that rises 500' about the surrounding area and then there is a subdivision named Awbrey Butte that is located on top of the butte. Either way, it's nor far to the downtown area.

Edited: 10:55 am, March 27, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Awbrey Butte

What kind of bike do you have? From Putnam you could get on the river trail and ride via the gulch, Sawyer Park, and First Street Rapids on a tough cruiser or (preferably) a mountain bike. There are a couple good hills, maybe a 20 min ride.

It's a 10min drive to downtown from that part of town. 5min drive to Northwest Crossing.

seattle
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Awbrey Butte

Funny you should mention it... the ad for the house says "the river trail is right outside the property gate". We will have Mt. bikes so maybe that will work out

seattle
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Awbrey Butte

Funny you should mention it... the ad for the house says "the river trail is right outside the property gate". We will have Mt. bikes so maybe that will work out

Edited: 5:17 pm, March 27, 2013
6. Re: Awbrey Butte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 29, 2014