We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

Rural northern...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

Subject: Davenport-Gearhart Rental

Traveling for business, I needed a quiet, inexpensive place to stay near downtown Bend, but didn't like the options I saw in the hotel listings. A friend suggested looking up vacation rentals and I found a charming little (less than 900 sq. ft) cottage with full kitchen, private yard and hot tub within walking distance of downtown and the Old Mill District. The owners were very accomodating, the place was sparkling clean, very quiet (unless the sound of wind chimes makes you cringe) and very comfortable with every amenity. If I go back to Bend, I am definitely staying there again. You can see it at www.davenportgearhartrental.com or others at vrbo.com

[Side note: I had no idea how wonderful Bend is and can see why it has been one of the fastest growing towns in the West. Gorgeous location on the Deschutes River, with sophisticated dining and nightlife in town, and easy distance to rugged adventure sports beyond.]

Mentioned in this post
Old Mill District
Old Mill District
125 Reviews
Bend, OR
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

Why does this sound like an ad?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

It sounds like an ad. But, looking at her profile, don't think so. Sure is well written, healthytraveler.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

I didn't even bother to look at her profile, I just saw that this was her first forum post, so I assumed the worst!! Guess that will teach me to look better next time.

You have my apologies healthy!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

Very good info, you should post this in the review section too!

5. Re: Cheap and charming in Bend: the cottage life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 am, October 12, 2009