We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

I am also posting this here because some of this day was on the last part of the OR coast and it was so stunning.

Bandon to Klamath

The scenery is just so fantastic beyond words . It was still cool and misty. We stopped at several places in the Sam Boardman park. We also drove the Howland Hill Road it seemed you could reach out and touch the trees. In fact we saw several scraped trees. We stopped at the information at Jedediah State Park and got directions for Fern Canyon and Newton B. Drury Scenic route for the next day.

Saw the Tree of Mystery kinda of hokey with Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox but “Paul” was fun to listen to he was talking to a child when we arrived encouraging him to sit on his size triple z shoes. The walk was very informative on types of trees and information and the gondola ride to the top was beautiful you could see the fog rolling in on the water like big pillows of cotton. It was interesting the guy at the bottom of the ride had a hooded fleece, long pants and layers of I am sure long underwear. We got off at the top and the guy had on shorts and a t shirt. We asked and he said it the fog that made things so miserable. He told us most of the summer it was a foggy even at the top of the ride “cold, wet and miserable” not the optimum working place but he had been doing it for many years. They had binoculars at the top of the ride and you could see Ospreys nesting.

We stayed at RAVENWOOD motel. It worked well for us we booked suite 112 It had 2 bathrooms and 4 beds Hurrah but no kitchen. Neat clean with a nice continental breakfast. I brought my own yogurt and they had bagels, hard boiled eggs, cereal, tea, coffee and much more.

Food

Lunched at the Sweet Pea tea house it was great homemade sandwiches

Dinner we ate across the street from the hotel not memorable.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Level Contributor
35,434 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

Nice! I loved your photos of the ocean, they are very pretty. Thank you for sharing them here. :).

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

I enjoy your very detailed trip report. We are planning a trip to the Oregon coast next year, so it helps to get the impressions of someone else prior to doing so.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Watsup you will love it. It is stunningly beautiful even if it's foggy. I hope you have better luck with the light houses than we did. Def put the Samuelson H Boardman park on your list also.

I took over 2,000 pics so sorting and writing is taking way longer than I thought.

4. Re: Road trip 3 women, 3 weeks, 3 states ,Day 11 Klamath/coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 29, 2012