We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandon Golf-Arriving Solo

Kansas City, MO
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bandon Golf-Arriving Solo

Ok, i have some unexpected time off over the next 3 weeks and am taking off to Bandon to play golf solo. Does anyone have any experiences, recommendations, comments about coming to the area flying solo? Will I be able to get on the course easily? Any recommendations for cheap places to stay (I won't need a whole lot of room, obvioulsy), restaraunts, nightlife, etc.? Any help will be appreciated.

Face Rock State Scenic Viewpoint
Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks
Coquille River Lighthouse
Historic Sites, Lighthouses
Washed Ashore - Gallery & Workshop
Art Galleries, Specialty Museums
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandon Golf-Arriving Solo

I expect it would be less of a problem as a single, but every time I play at Bandon, the courses appear to be booked solid, even in November. So, I'd advise at least making a call before heading here without tee times. If there are spots open for you, I doubt you'll be able to book them unless you agree to stay at the resort, where the rooms are nice, but certainly not cheap (neither are the greens fees, for that matter).

When we first started playing at Bandon years ago, we'd usually stay in a little place called the Lamplighter Inn, at the north end of town. The price was right. And there's a grocery store conveniently located across the highway, and several decent restaurants in town. But I can't remember names. Just ask a local. If you end up staying at the resort, there are 3-4 dining options. The bar in the main lodge and pub in the clubhouse building next door are good for after round drinks and meals, but for breakfast, we like the little restaurant in the Bandon Trails clubhouse.

Have fun, and remember, when it's breezy, swing easy. ;-)

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandon Golf-Arriving Solo

If you need time away from the golf course, take a little drive into the town of Bandon and eat at Alloro Wine Bar and Restaurant in Old Town. It is simply the best meal in town, and a great place if you like wine. It is better food than the most "upscale" restaurant at The Dunes. (Sorry, Dunes, but you know it's true. I had a VERY mediocre meal there and paid TOO MUCH. Maybe you should steal the chef away from Alloro, I'm not joking here.)

3. Re: Bandon Golf-Arriving Solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 03, 2009