We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haunted House?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Haunted House?

Coming to Tulsa/BA in October with a softball team, wondered if there was a good haunted house to visit? (The girls are 14 years old, if that helps.)

Tulsa, Ok
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haunted House?

There are a couple in the Tulsa area, depending on what kind you are looking for

Best bet is Psychopath (www.psychopathhaunt.com)...very unique combo of a ride/walk through. It is off the beatin' path, but can get REALLY (2+ hour wait times) busy. The concept is great, some really good scares...get there early!

The Trail of Terror (www.bridlecreekok.com/trail_of_terror.htm) was a nice alternative to the Psychopath last year - not busy at all and about 10 miles down the road. They got smart and advertised at the exit to the Psychopath and had detailed signs directing people there. It was inexpensive and a lot of fun. They have not updated their site yet, so you might call first to see when/if they are open this year.

Scream Country (www.screamcountry.com) is in Drumright - about 35 min. west of Tulsa. It was fun, but another very popular one (1.5 hours waiting). They have some shops and themed areas for kids to kill time.

Haunted Castle At Muskogee (www.okcastle.com). A short drive southeast of Tulsa (40 min.) and very popular. I have never been, but have heard mixed reviews.

Nightmare (www.gutschurch.com/Default.aspx?tabid=217). Very popular, long waits, and if you don't mind going to church afterwards, then it might be your cup of tea. The scenes are intentionally graphic and borderline disturbing.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Haunted House?

Thanks so much for the info. The only one I had found online was the muskogee castle; sounds fun, but it's a long drive - considering the girls may have to be up early the next morning for games. I really appreciate having some other choices.

Tulsa, Ok
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haunted House?

No problem! We are big fans of the "haunted house" season and are always looking for new ones. I did forget to mention a new one that is in downtown Tulsa this year. It's the Hex House (www.darktulsa.com). Don't know anything about it, but you can check out the website and also purchase "timed tickets" - they assign you a time to show up for your trip through the house and guarantee it. Kind of nice!

Question for you - we have been thinking of coming to OKC for the Bricktown Haunted Warehouse, but don't see much of anything about it for this year online. Is it still going on? Do you know when/if it opens this year? Any other alternative suggestions for the OKC area?

Thanks!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Haunted House?

Unfortunately, I am a HUGE scaredy cat when it comes to this kind of stuff! I did go to one haunted house last year with my daughter - Terror on 10th Street; it was great for tweens, but I couldn't recommend it for adults.

I contacted some friends who have been to both Fright Fest @ Frontier City and the Bricktown Haunted House & 3-D Ride. They said both can have quite long waits (hour+). Fright Fest also includes park admission, so you could come before dark, ride some of the rides, then do Fright Fest. Bricktown, of course, has great food & drinks to enjoy in addition to the haunted venues. They were personally a little disappointed in the 3D ride, but based on the info online, it is being upgraded this year. You can find info online @ wimgo about both events.

I did hear a "new" haunted house located in south OKC advertised on the radio, but couldn't find it online. I will try to get more info & post.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Haunted House?

Found it!www.ultimateterrors.com I think we may just go to it, instead of trying to schedule it around ball games. Thanks again for the ideas.

Tulsa OK
Level Contributor
19 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haunted House?

If you are not religious or if you mind being touched and cornered while people are trying to convince you that you need to accept Jesus you might want to skip GUTS. The display is suppose to be VERY well done but realistic (IE: Car crashes, drugs etc) I have not personally gone and the church is very popular but I have had several people tell me that they got very pressured in the end and that people would not let them go.

7. Re: Haunted House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tulsa