We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Needs

Which Tulsa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Broken Arrow
1 post
Save Topic
Special Needs

Iam an oklahoma native. I have lived In Broken Arrow for all but 1 year of my life when I went down to Norman, so I know my way around. However, I have 3 children, 5, 3, and 1. The 5 year old is a very hyper little boy, the 3 year old is a shy, timid little girl who scares easily, and my baby boy who is 1 is a special needs child.

Here is my problem. I need things to do to keep them entertained that wont cost alot of money and stimulate their minds at the same time. My 1 year old has infant agorophobia so taking him anywhere is already difficult, but he does like the outdoors and I feel as if I have been to every park in the Tulsa County area. A place like Incredible Pizza or Chuckie Cheese has an atmosphere that would scre the monkeys out of the 2 younger children but the 5 year old would love.

Also, some suggestions on what to do during a day when the weather is like this? I would appreciate it very much.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Needs

Hi! I live in Okla City, but I was born in Tulsa. Are you wanting something to do in general with your kids or something in the city area? I think a great place for all kids is the Children's Museum in Seminole, OK (I am assuming it is still there) my son loved it when he was little. He's 17 now so it has been several years since we went there. They had all sorts of interactive activities for the kids and it wasn't a loud or scary place. Just someplace fun for kids of all ages. As I remember it, it was not terribly expensive. You can probably find it online by doing a search.

They may also have fun at Omniplex here in the city, although they may still be a bit young for that.

Good Luck, I hope this may help.

2. Re: Special Needs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 31, 2009